☆ thirty nine ☆

new book cover <3

late august - so on

allys pov

┌─────────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────┐

the air was electric with anticipation as we stood in the recording studio. this was our first time as a group listening to the album start to finish.

as we sat listening to their music i could feel james eyes on me, it was clear to me that he was trying to see if i liked the album that he had worked so hard on.

and i mean of course i did.

the album start to finished was a masterpiece. a fast paced, rough, energetic, chaotic, amazing masterpiece of thrash metal music.

months of tireless dedication from the boys, especially the last few weeks, led them to what i knew was gonna be considered one of the greatest albums of all time one day.

the studio was alive with activity, a bustling scene of musicians, engineers, and producers ensuring every track was perfect and ready to be pressed on vinyl then released into the world.

you could read all their faces, a mix of excitement, anxiety, and determination.

lars, the driving force behind the band, was a whirlwind of energy, annoying at times, orchestrated each recording session, demanding the best from everyone, often almost landing himself a few punches but his ambition knew no bounds, pushing the band to surpass their limits.

james, on stage with his commanding presence and powerful vocals, led the charge on rhythm guitar. he poured raw emotion into every riff and every lyric. his guitar spoke of rebellion, defiance, and a burning desire to be heard and to hear others.

kirk, wielded his guitar with finesse, adding a layer of fine tuned clean melody that elevated the boys sound. his solos were a glorious element that the songs needed to be complete.

cliff, the quiet giant, brought a bass groove that held the rhythm together, and he played with such a unique style that had never really been heard before, more seen in his track (anesthesia) - pulling teeth. which consisting of a face melting bass solo. he was the calm amidst the storm, grounding all of us.

as the release date drew closer, they or should i say lars, shifted gears into promotion mode. it was a whirlwind of interviews, photo shoots, and etc.

the day the album hit the shelves was very surreal for all of us.

walking into different record stores throughout the day and seeing kill 'em all proudly displayed was a moment etched into my memory forever.

the boys signed albums and engaged with fans who had come in and waited in line to get the album.

it turned out all the publicity was super helpful because there was a major turnout of fans, way more than we had anticipated.

"hetfield, can you believe this?" i overheard lars whisper to james, his eyes scanning over the store filled with fans.

james smiled, the satisfaction of years of hard work starting to pay off, "no...this is crazy man".

i smiled to myself as i watched the two boys who consider themselves brothers take in what they had created.

-

the night of the album release party was...wild, we all got extremely drunk and did a lot of stupid shit.