5*

-
I woke up this morning, feeling like shit. My throat was sore, my back was hurting, I had a pounding headache, and being reminded of last night only made it worse.

When I walked downstairs, our eyes locked, just like when we first met... except this time, it wasn't a good feeling.

"Uh, hi." He said lowly with a small smile and I tried to return it as calm as possible.

"Hey." I said flatly with a polite smile as I walked toward the kitchen to find Matt and Nick chatting at the counter. "Good morning, guys." I announced myself and the boys turned around, startled.

"Hey Cas, how did you sleep?" Matt asked, walking over and hugging me. I hugged him back gently as I answered.

"Terribly. My back is killing me." I said and Nick looked at me with sympathy.

"Are you okay?" Nick asked and I nodded with a smile, sitting down at the counter.

"What are you guys making?" I asked curiously. Nick shrugged before answering.

"Classical bacon, where's Chris?" Nick replied then asked me the one question I didn't really care for.

"Why should I know?" I said, thinking more about last night. I knew it was for the best, but I didn't want to let him go. I tried to believe what he told me, but I just couldn't. I trusted him and Arabella and she's definitely the last person I expected to do this to me!

It just hurts...

After eating, I went back up to the guest bedroom to pack my things. I recently bought an apartment and I had to get moving in by today or I'd loose it.

The boys agreed to helping me so I finished packing my things up.

"Where do you want this?" Chris asked awkwardly as we stood in my new sitting room.

"Uh, kitchen is fine..." I said looking down at the floor and he nodded, walking away. The breakup wasn't easy but I understood it was for the best, mainly on my part. I still love him and I definitely always will, but he broke my heart and I can't see myself with him anymore. On the other hand, I feel this spark light up in my start when Matt smiles at me or even looks at me...

I don't want to tell him though. 1. He might not feel the same. 2. He's Chris' brother... I couldn't do that to him.

When I brush it off as 'just friends' I know it's not just a friends situation. There is definitely something going on here... but, what?

The boys finished helping me lift heavy things and they stayed over a little longer and we watched movies. I started to get tired so I decided to call it a night and headed off to my own bed where I changed and got laid down. Everything was calm and quiet until there was a knock on my door followed by it slowly opening and closing.

"Cas?" The voice asked and I recognized it to be Matt.

"Are you okay?" I whispered back and turned on my lamp. He gave me a smile then nodding as I patted the other side of the bed for him to sit. "What's up?" I asked and he broke out into giggles as I tried to shush him but only made it worse because, I too, broke out into laughter.

After the sounds died down, we sat across from each other in silence. Comfortable, very comfortable silence. After about 5 minuets of looking at each other, I couldn't stop myself from taking a glimpse down at his lips. I instantly regretted that once my eyes met his and he gave me a smirk. A very cocky smirk.

Next thing I knew, he leaned in and out lips connected. We stayed in the position for a moment before we were interrupted by the door swinging open and in walked Chris, with his arms folded across his chest.

"I knew it! Of all people, my brother? Why, Cassie?" He asked angrily. I stared at him with a look of guilt as he continued to chew us out, until it hit me.

"Stop, your upset because I kissed your brother, but you kissed my best friend, while we were together!" I yelled back.

"That's different! He's my brother!" He added, that made things worse.

"In what way is that different, Chris?!" I asked, feeling a knot form in my stomach.

"He's my brother for gods sake!" He screamed louder.

A tear fell down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. "No it's not. Nothing about these two situations are different. Yes, he's your brother. But..." I tried to find the words. I didn't want to say it but it was worth the risk. "I love him." I said quietly, looking down at my lap.

"What?" He asked.

"I love him." I said louder and I quickly noticed the hurt expression on his face.

"But, I thought you loved me..." He said as his voice cracked.

"I do- did... you hurt me, Chris, really bad." I said as more tears fell. "I can't love someone who constantly hurts me." I added and Chris slowly nodded before turning and leaving.

I looked over at Matt who I noticed was still in shock. "Are you okay?" I whispered, and he looked at me as I noticed the tears in his eyes.

"Y-Yeah. I'm gonna give you a minuet." He said quietly before I reached out and grabbed his arm gently. He looked back to me and I noticed a small smile on his lips.

"No, stay, please?" I asked in a whisper tone and he smiled slowly as he nodded. "I meant what I said." I said after a while of silence.

"What?" He asked with a confused look.

"I do love you." I said and looked back down. He gently reached out and grabbed my chin, raising my head up to look at him.

"I love you." He said back, quietly.

-

Well...

Thanks for reading, if you liked this chapter then please leave a vote, comment, or follow :).

If not then my requests should be open!

Byee! -T