8*

I kinda forgot what season this story took place in... so I'm making it officially Summer.

.

.

.

- Matt -

.

We decided to take a visit to the beach since the weather was very nice and warm out. I watched as Cassie and Nick linked arms with one another as they ate a bag of chips and chatted.

"I uh... invited Arabella... if that's okay?" Chris said from beside me. I looked at him in confusion, furrowing my eyes brows.

"That's not my problem." I said flatly, turning my focus back to the beautiful girl talking to my other brother. I began to imagine her every detail. Her curves, her hair, her lips, everything.

"Are you mad at me?" He spoke up again.

"Slightly." I said with a slight shrug.

"I haven't done anything, though!" He exclaimed.

"Chris. I'm not just going to forgive you that easily. Have you been on the social media recently?" I asked and he shook his head confusingly. "The things people are saying about, not just you, but also Nick and I, are absolutely disgusting! I literally cried while reading through not even half!" I yelled. "You've ruined our image and now I'm furious! You have no idea how bad this is because your stuck in your little 'care free' world. I just wish you'd wake the fuck up and realize we aren't kids anymore!" I  spat, stood up and walked away.

.

.

.

- Chris -

.

He was right. I have seen some of what people are saying about us. What's worse is that what they said about me was partially true. I am a cheater. I cheated on the only good person I've ever known. What hurts the most is, not only did I hurt Cassie, but I also hurt my brothers.

I got a text notification from Arabella saying she just arrived and that she was by the board walk so I went looking for her.

I seen her leaning against a pole as she smiled brightly at me, waving. "Hey! Sorry I left so early last night." She said with a unreadable expression. I instantly shook my head.

"No, don't worry about it." I said with a smile as I threw my arm around her shoulder. We walked as we chatted and laughed as she pointed out a group of pigeons nipping at a piece of bread nearby.

"Have you spoke to Cas, yet?" She asked randomly and I froze.

"About what?" I played it cool.

"About us, Chris! I'm tired of feeling like she hates me. I mean... I know she does because of what I've done to her but... I want to talk to her without her constantly rolling her eyes." She reasoned and I nodded in understanding.

"I've tried to. She just keeps pushing me away. I fucked up really bad and I'm going to be honest and flatly say it as it is." I said and she nodded in a questioning manner. "I still love her. And I always will." Her eyes widened, then they softened and she slowly nodded looking down at the ground. "That's why I accept her with Matt. He makes her happy and I have no choice but to be okay with it all. Like she said, she has no reason to ask for my permission." I said slowly and took a dee breath. Arabella looked up at me and noticed my facial expression.