13*

Surprise Chapter!

.

- Alahna -
[flashback]

I woke up to screaming coming from the kitchen and when I ran downstairs to see what was going on, mom and dad were screaming at each other, but that never really phased me, nor my brother.

Makai was sitting at the kitchen table, on his phone and when I walked further into the kitchen, he seemed to notice me.

"Oh, thank god. Mom and dad are arguing... and it's about you." He whispered and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously and he looked at them before standing up and signaling for me to follow, so I did.

Once we were a fair distance away, he spilt the tea.

"They know. And dad is furious." He explained. Once again, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"About [...] what?" I asked and he rolled his eyes before leaning in.

"About you being... gay? Or bisexual. They found your journal. And they know about your semi-crush on Matt's girlfriend, Cassie." He spoke, my eyes widening.

"Shit... shit shit shit." I began pacing the room. That was until he grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Your stressing me out."

"I'm stressing myself out, Makai! This is horrible! I-" I stopped to take a deep breath before closing my eyes for a moment.

"Alahna! Get in here!" My dad yelled then my mom jumped in.

"No! Leave her alone! It's her decision on how she wants to spend the rest of her life so leave her the hell alone!" She yelled at him and I sighed, walking into the room.

"I'm sorry, guys. Don't be mad at me I'm... I don't know! I'm still trying to process what's going on so... give me a break." I said, looking down at the floor.

"Don't be sorry, sweetheart. I completely and fully support you." She said, walking up and embracing me tightly.

"Don't fucking baby her! She's choosing the wrong lifestyle and your making her think this is all okay!" He yelled louder, getting closer.

"Because it is! She can do what she wants! She's 19 for gods sake! She's not a child anymore! So quit treating her like one!" Mom yelled back and I placed my hand over her arm to stop her.

"Mom... it's okay." I said and she shook her head, disapproving.

"No, it's not. He has no right to treat you this way, baby." She said and I looked down once again.

"Pack your shit, and get the hell out of my house. You can come back when you stop laying down with females!" He yelled, getting in my face. I felt tears brimming at my eyes as I looked at my mother, her glaring at my father.

"She's not going anywhere! She's staying, your leaving." She yelled back.

That's when it happened... he hit her.