32*

Enjoy!

.

- Alahna -

.

I checked the time, and it was only 11 pm at night. I looked over at nick who was still sound asleep, and I couldn't help but allow my mind to fall onto my mother.

When she was my age, she was out on the streets, caring for me, while my father was nowhere to be found. After he left, it sent her into depression, and she began drinking severely.

Growing up, I realized how hard it must've been for her, especially having no money to provide for the both of us. I was 3, with a brother on the way, and terrified of what my future held for either of us, then my mind went blank.

I feared that one day, my brother would grow up, and move away because of my mother. I would lose him, just like I lost her. My heart began to pace, and the room got warmer, and for a moment I thought I was hallucinating, but the room began to shrink, and the walls grew smaller, and smaller.

My heart sped up faster, and the room got darker, then next thing I knew, I completely blacked out.

.

- Cassie -

.

"Please tell me she's okay, please!" I begged the doctor, as we stood at the front desk in the hospital lobby.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but the patient is still unresponsive, which means we can't release any details until she's awake and speaking." The woman at the front desk spoke.

"This is bullshit! Complete bullshit! I'm a fucking nervous wreck, and I haven't slept in 7 hours. I have been going at it for the past day or two, and all I'm asking, is to know if my fucking bestfriend is alive or not!" I raised my voice, Matt standing up, and walking over.

"Cass, come on. She's fine, we just have to wait." He said, but I got angrier.

"We've been fucking waiting, Matt! For 7 goddamn hours! And all they can do is tell us to wait?" I sighed, closing my eyes for a second, and lowering my voice. "I have to use the bathroom, I'll be back." I walked toward the restrooms, and Matt followed me.

"Cassie, baby, I'm just as upset as you, but you really have to calm down. Alahna is going to be okay. She's a fighter, and we all know that. Lets just- have some faith in her, and be patient." He said, causing me to realize, that I've really overdone it.

. . .

"You're right, I'm sorry." I said, and he shook his head, pulling me into a tight, reassuring hug.

"Don't apologize, my love. I know you're tired, and so am I, so lets just wait for them to call us back there, and everything will be okay." I nodded, him giving me a quick kiss and letting me go.

I watched as he walked back over to Nick and Chris, and I waked to the bathroom, quickly doing my business, washing my hands, and returning to the lobby where Nick, Matt, and Chris all sat next to each other.

I walked back over to them, and Matt stood up with a bright smile. "What?" I asked, wondering why he was so happy.

"She's okay! They said they're waiting for the Anesthesia to ware off, and then we can see her." My eyes widened, as I felt a wave of relief hit me in the chest.

"Oh my fucking god, I was so scared that she wasn't going to be okay." I sat down, staring in the distance in shock. "I mean, I knew she would make it but, oh my god."

We all laughed, and talked, until the doctor called us back to see her.

The woman opened the door and let us walk in, and when we entered the room, she sat up in the bed, staring at us.

I ran to her, grabbing her into a hug, crying. "Cass! Hey guys." She beamed when I pulled back. "Oh Cass, please don't cry. I'm okay, see?" She smiled, throwing her arms up, and letting them drop by her sides.

"You had me scared shitless." Nick shrieked pulling her form into a tight hug.

"Doc says I passed out, I personally don't know why, but I don't really care either." She shrugged, us rolling our eyes.

"They said it was caused from stress, which is very common in most cases. Lans, you were overthinking, very badly last night. It must've had something to do with your mom, and it had you so overwhelmed, that you just blacked out. And, I feel like shit, because I was right fucking there, and I didn't do anything!" Nick rambled looking down, frowning, and Alahna reached up to grab his hand.

"Hey hey, it's okay! You didn't know, so don't punish yourself for something that wasn't even your fault." She smiled at me, giving him a nod to let him know he was fine. Chris stayed silent as he stood behind me, staring at Alahna.

"Bro, are you okay?" She asked, him snapping back into reality, hugging her tightly. "Took kid 3 to 5 business days to realize what's going on." She joked, causing us all to let out a small laugh. "Oh, have you talked to my brother?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Yes, he knows what happened, and he's okay. Your mom is also okay." I replied, looking at her with a reassuring smile. She nodded, and laid her head back onto the pillow behind her neck. "You should get some rest, we'll go get you something to eat!" I offered, and she smiled, thanking us as she closed her eyes.

We exited the room, and left the hospital, dropping by Denny's and picking up a family sized meal for everyone, then we returned to the hospital where Alahna sat up in the bed while her nurse checked her vitals. "Oh, hi! I'll just be quick!" The woman smiled, finishing up her check-in with Alahna, then she left the room.

After eating, we spoke to the doctor about when she would be able to leave, and they said around 5 pm, which was only 3 hours away.

.

- Nick -

.

Alahna's flight was rescheduled due to the events that took place lastnight, so after she showered, and got ready to leave, we drove her to the airport, and said our goodbyes as she boarded the plane.

After spending nearly 2 weeks with her, we knew she had business to take care of back home in Boston, and we completely understood.

Returning home was relieving, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to think that because the moment we entered the house, Matt and Cassie dropped to the couch, quickly falling asleep beside each other.

Chris hugged me, going to his room as I did the same, but not before showering.

I hated hospitals, and maybe that's because when I was 8, Chris pushed me off of the top bunk in our room, and I busted my head open, and yes, I still have the scar. We spent 3 days in the hospital, and Chris got grounded for an entire week.

Nearly an hour after my shower, I got a message from Alahna saying she reached Boston safely.

She explained that her mom and Makai were both okay, and that she would be headed to bed soon.

I checked the time and it read 10:43, so it was 1:43 for her.

Alahna- Arrived in Boston, mom and makai are fine and i'll be headed to bed soon, let everyone know I said thank you and goodnight, love you nick.

- I will, love you too lans.

.

AHHH!!

3 more chapters and Look Alike will meet it's end. Thankfully I have another book in the making and it's about Harry Styles (spoiler)

Thank you guys for everything :) I'm so proud of look alike because of you <3

Thanks for reading :)))