( 8 ) maybe I am in hell

double update time !!! this chapter is 6k words and the next one is 4.5, to make up for the super short chapters lately :))

008. MAYBE I AM IN HELL

where's my love — SYML
' i got a fear, in my blood
she was carried up into the clouds, high above
if you've bled, i bleed the same—
if you're scared, i'm on my way
did you run away? did you run away?
i don't need to know
if you ran away, if you ran away,
come back home. just come home '

                   DESPITE TELLING STILES TO REMEMBER HER, Aspen honestly thought she was dead

After her final words of goodbye in Stiles' jeep that night, she thought the Ghost Riders would take her— and that would be it, lights out for eternity. It was why she told Stiles to be happy without her, it's why she begged him to move on and find happiness and success in his life if she was really gone.

Which is why confusion didn't even begin to cover what she was feeling when she opened her eyes and found herself sat in a train station of all places.

She was still dressed in the same clothes she was in when she was in Stiles' jeep— a pair of baggy jeans, a white camisole, a brown flannel shirt, and a leather bomber jacket. Her hair didn't seem dishevelled, and she was totally unharmed, no scars or blood or bruises.

Her eyebrows quivered as she turned her head to the side, looking at the woman sat next to her. She looked around the whole place, seeing dozens of ordinary people sat around the benches, patiently waiting for what she assumed must be a train.

But the last thing she remembered was being snapped out of existence— so why the hell was she in a train station?

"Excuse me?" she whispered, extra politely to the woman sat beside her, "Um—where are we?"

The woman was dressed in a white doctor's coat and scrubs, with a stethoscope around her neck. She turned to look at the brunette girl, and softly replied "We're at the train station."

Aspen's face remained confused as hell, but she nodded. "Right, okay—but um, which train station exactly?"

"Train station number one-thirty-seven." she replied, glancing over at the board.

Aspen's eyes followed the direction the doctor glanced at, seeing a huge boarded sign with a list of destinations and times.

Aspen then looked forward, shifting uncomfortably where she sat, her eyes still narrowed and confused.

"Did you see me come in?" she asked the woman, absentmindedly spinning her infinity promise ring around her finger.

"No..." the doctor replied, shaking her head.