( 22 ) long live the senior prom

022. LONG LIVE THE SENIOR PROM

this might be one of my favourite chapters i've ever written, serotonin all around folks!

i'm not kidding, try and count the amount of times the word 'smile' is written in this chapter

           "SO STILES HASN'T ASKED YOU?" Malia asked as she, Lydia and Aspen were hanging out at Lydias, having a girls night as they all watched some classic his flics and pizza takeout

           "SO STILES HASN'T ASKED YOU?" Malia asked as she, Lydia and Aspen were hanging out at Lydias, having a girls night as they all watched some classic his flics and pizza takeout. Senior Prom was now two nights away.

"What do you mean?" Aspen asked as she was stuffing her face with a pineapple-pizza slice, "I'm not really expecting him to, isn't it kinda assumed?"

"Well, obviously," Lydia said as she sipped on her glass of cheap pink wine, "But he's still supposed to do some big, cheesy promposal for you!"

"I don't mind if he doesn't," Aspen said with a shrug, "Promposals are for complicated situationships where you don't know where you really stand with each other, and it's like some big confession of feelings!" the brunette then turned to Malia, and put on a fake, aimed, teasing cough.

"What is that?!" Malia shrieked in response to Aspen's teasing, "Why're you coughing at me? I thought werewolves couldn't get sick."

"Malia," Aspen looked at her with raised brows, "You know exactly what I'm getting at! What the hell is the deal with you and Isaac? Are you dating or not?"

"No, we're not." Malia replied, leaning forward to grab a slice of pizza, "I don't know what we are!"

"Exactly!" Aspen shot back, "So Isaac is really the one who needs to be promposing here!"

"I don't even know if it's like that with us," Malia shrugged, "We've just hooked up a couple times, that's it."

"Well, how do you feel when you're around him?" Lydia asked, giving Aspen a look as those two winked at each other while Malia thought of her answer.

"I dunno," Malia said, "Good, I guess."

"Happy?" Aspen prodded, continuing to stuff her mouth full of pizza.

"Yeah," Malia shrugged, "I mean, he's nice to be around. He's funny, he's, you know, good to talk to— and it doesn't hurt that he's not bad to look at."

"And... how would you feel if he starting dating someone else?" Lydia asked, sipping on the pink wine.

"Not good," Malia replied, frowning her eyebrows at the idea.