( 13 ) because you loved her

013. BECAUSE YOU
LOVED HER

murder song ( 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ) — AURORA
' five, four, three, two, one,
the gun is gone, and so am i, and here i go.'

                        ACE WALKED INTO THE ROOM, his mind in a whirl of pure confusion as his eyes widened, looking around the dark, lightless, abandoned room which was mysteriously covered up

He glanced back at Scott who was stood in what used to be a doorway, but was now nothing by a shredding wallpaper. Scott hesitantly took a step in, and the second his foot stepped into the room— he felt an immense sense of familiarity.

And while Scott had no memory of this room existing, no memory of ever setting foot inside it— it sure felt like he had.

"You're thinking what I'm thinking, right?" Ace turned around to Scott and asked, raising his eyebrows slightly.

"That this was her room?" Scott replied, "It appears like it. I can't explain it, but— I have this weird feeling. Like I've been in this room before, thousands of times."

"Considering your best friend might've lived next door to your bedroom, that kinda checks out, man." Ace shrugged, looking around for any sort of clue or sign.

Scott just gave him a nod and a slightly awkward smile. The two of them slowly walked around, inspecting the walls and the floor, trying to find anything else that would mean something.

"You knew this room was here, didn't you?" Ace said to Scott. "You mentioned you had a weird feeling about the wallpaper before."

"I didn't know there was a room here," Scott replied, "I— I sensed something, I didn't expect this..."

And then all of a sudden, Ace and Scott heard footsteps coming up the staircase. They both spun around to look out of the rip, seeing who it was. Seconds later, their eyes were laid upon a very confused and gobsmacked Stiles Stilinski.

Stiles' eyes didn't meet either one of them, instead he just stared blankly into the room, his head slowly tilting while his eyes narrowed.

"What is this?" Stiles' voice came out as barely a whisper, as he glanced up from the floor to look at Scott.

"Stiles, uh—" Scott hesitated, for some reason struggling to come up with an answer to the question.

"Is this hers?" Stiles' voice was soft and quiet, his eyes turning glossy at the mere thought that they were standing in her bedroom.

"Maybe," Ace replied with pursed lips and a shrug. As much as he had come around to everything—there was still an inner skeptic inside him. His life had been full of so much misery and disappointment, so he always hesitated to get his hopes up about something good.