[ 26 ] maybe a little bug problem

026. MAYBE A LITTLE
BUG PROBLEM

          ASPEN HATED that she had let River get under her skin last night

ASPEN HATED that she had let River get under her skin last night. The look he had given her when he noticed the name doodled on the dorm-door sign, the way he practically laughed at her attempt to be normal.

Aspen had been going by her true name, Bellator, since she found the real birth certificate. When her brother, Ace, decided to revert back to his old name, Carter, she wanted to stay a Bellator.

But now that she'd left Beacon Hills— she was hoping she'd left that part of herself behind too. She wanted to live a normal college experience just like every other student— and for some reason, she convinced herself that if she discarded herself of her true name, that it would make that easier.

Aspen Bellator was a name that drew attention from certain people, Aspen Bellator was a supernatural, corrupted person who was destined for battles and wars everywhere she turned.

Aspen Carter was a normal teenage girl, a name that didn't raise any eyebrows.

So since she enrolled at Harvard a couple weeks ago, that was how she'd been introducing herself to people. She didn't tell any of her friends back home, or Stiles— but that was because it wasn't exactly some big secret— she didn't think she had to.

In Beacon Hills, she would always be a Bellator.

But at Harvard University, where she was desperate to start over, create a new life for herself, and finally get a taste of normalcy—she was Aspen Carter again. At least for now.

But that was until River Chaseusse, an enemy of her past, showed up at her door.

Her two worlds were now merging, two worlds she was desperate to keep separate.

But today was the day of her first college class, and right now, that's all she wanted to focus on.

She'd called Stiles last night, despite Jo's innocent advice not to, and told him about the whole River thing. Stiles was unsurprisingly worried for her, and angry at River for having the audacity to try and walk back into her life. Aspen had reassured Stiles that he shouldn't drop anything to come help her, and that she had it all under control. They just promised to tell each other everything—she was making good on that promise, not crying for help.

Now, Aspen was quickly getting dressed—throwing on denim mini skirt, a black camisole and a red lather jacket. Her and Jo were attending a lecture together, a they were both taking the same course. Aspen grabbed her purse, throwing her phone and her keys inside as well as her wallet, and then headed out into the living area.

Jo was already waiting for her, dressed and ready to go.

"So, how did the boyfriend take the news of the ex-boyfriend showin' up?" Jo asked as she finished up applying some lipgloss before putting it in her pocket.