( 14 ) a supernatural rift

014. A SUPERNATURAL RIFT

"YOU'RE GOING TO BITE ASPEN?" Lydia said with a questionable tone as Scott suggested it— her, Scott, Stiles, Malia, Isaac, Liam and Peter all gathered in the sheriff station.

"To get her through the rift." Scott nodded, "It's the only way."

"I hate to break it to the lot of you, but Aspen doesn't need biting." Peter pointed out— as there were still evident holes in everyones memory of the girl. "She's already a werewolf, she has been for years?"

The others all then exchanged confused looks, except Stiles— who somehow looked like he wasn't surprised. He was beginning to remember bits and pieces about his forgotten lover— memories coming back in pieces slowly.

"Wait— what're you talking about?" Isaac's brows furrowed as he turned to Peter. "If she's already a werewolf— why didn't she come back with you? Through the rift?"

"She was terrified of dying, what else." Peter replied in a very blunt tone. "We'd both watched this boy attempt the same thing, and we saw him burn into smithereens right in front of us."

"But you—" Lydia's eyes narrowed a bit, "You did it anyway?"

"I knew I'd heal." Peter shrugged casually, "Clearly she didn't have as much faith in herself, I don't know, and I don't care."

"Yes, you do." Malia deadpanned at her father, "Otherwise you wouldn't be here."

Peter rolled his eyes deflectively—because while his daughter was right, he didn't want to show the merry band of teenagers that he actually had some compassion to spare for them.

"Just to clarify, if you were ready to bite Aspen—" said Peter, "were you planning on biting everyone in the train station?"

"With Aspen back, she'll be able to help us figure out a plan." Stiles spoke up from the corner of the room, where he'd been very quiet. "She's good at that."

"You remember that?" Peter shot back with raised eyebrows and a condescending head tilt.

"Yeah, actually— I do." Stiles replied, giving Peter a bit of a glare, but it didn't last long—he couldn't think or focus on anything that wasn't about getting Aspen back now. He had left Ace back at Scott's house after their heart-to-heart— but after seeing her bedroom? The place she lived? The room he must've been in at least a thousand times?

He wouldn't sleep until he had her back in his arms.

"And how exactly do you plan on getting Aspen out?" said Peter, his arms folded over his chest. "As I've pointed out to you—she's already a werewolf. It isn't a matter of practicality as much as it is just her being a scaredy-cat."

"Watch your mouth, Peter." Stiles murmured, glaring again.

"So, is the plan to get Aspen— so she can come up with a plan?" Peter continued in a very condescending and humorous tone.

"You can shut up now." Malia shot back with annoyance.

"Malia, look around." said Peter, "We're the only ones left in Beacon Hills. If they take us, Lydia will be the only one left to haunt the place. Besides— biting her won't get her through that rift, it'll just give her a sore arm."

Peter was right about them being the only ones left. With the exception of Mason, Hayden, Theo, the sheriff, and Ace—everybody else had been taken by the Wild Hunt by now.

"Then I'll give her a message." Scott replied, "I'm the only one that's going in. Liam and Hayden will stay here with Mason. As long as somebody is left in Beacon Hills, the Wild Hunt can't move on. I'll get into the hunt—find Aspen— and tell her that she can get through it without dying, I'll tell her everything will be okay, and I'll come back with her."