( 16 ) a trip down scott's memory lane

get ready for 3 chapters of straight up nostalgia and flashbacks throughout the whole series 😭

016. A TRIP DOWN
SCOTT'S MEMORY LANE

 A TRIP DOWN SCOTT'S MEMORY LANE

WAY DOWN WE GO - KALEO

"THE tunnel gate's locked." Lydia sighed as she, Scott, Stiles, Malia and Isaac were safely gathered in the bunker. "Everything is locked."

"Think it'll hold them off?" Malia asked.

"Probably not." Scott sighed pessimistically.

"Definitely not." Isaac murmured.

"You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" Malia's eyebrows shot up as she glanced between the two boys.

"So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott turned to Lydia, changing the conversation to the urgent topic at hand.

"Cold enough for a Hellhound." Lydia shrugged, "It's not the same thing as the ice bath you gave Isaac, but it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive."

"So, what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia asked out of curiosity.

"Apparently it's supposed to slow your heart rate and put you in a trance-like state." Stiles spoke up in explanation.

"Kinda like hypnosis." Lydia added with a nod. "Hypnotic regression— that's if we can figure out how to work it..."

"This says 'start.'" Malia shrugged, pointing to a button, "So, maybe it's not that complicated?"

But Scott, who was looking at all the knobs and settings and buttons on the side of the old machine— his face said otherwise. "...It's complicated."

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Isaac asked, his cardigan-clad arms covered over his chest.

"As much time as Liam, Ace and Stilinski can buy us." Scott sighed, as he opened up the machine.

"This is all about emotional, deep connection, right?" Isaac asked, his tone clearly sounding a little anxious.

"Yeah, why?" Stiles replied, glancing at Isaac.

"Well, uh—" Isaac cleared his throat, "It's just uh— I'd rather not... get inside of that thing..."

"Don't worry, you won't have to." Scott gave his friend a reassuring nod— understanding his hesitance to participate without an explanation. "I'll do it— she was my best friend."

Meanwhile, at the sheriff station, Ace had arrived after being called by Liam urgently, and Stiles' father, the sheriff, had left him in charge of the holding cell keycard. Ace had gotten down to the station as fast as he could when he heard how urgent Liam sounded, but when the Dunbar boy began to explain something to him— Ace couldn't really help but scoff.