( 12 ) no promises

012. NO PROMISES

WHEN SCOTT GOT HOME after a long, excruciating day in an abandoned ghost town— the last person he expected to see stood around his kitchen table was his formerly-deceased enemy, Theo Raeken

There he stood, opposite Liam and Hayden on the other side of the table, both of them looking nervous and uneasy, awaiting Scott's reaction.

"Somehow I don't think we're gonna hug this out..." Theo murmured sarcastically.

"I hope you realise it's taking all my strength not to tear you in half right now." Scott said lowly, glaring at Theo with hatred.

"Apparently Aspen already did that." Liam spoke up a little nervously, making Scott pry his eyes off Theo to look at him.

"What're you talking about?" Scott's eyebrows twitched.

"She killed me." Theo shrugged, "With her own bare hands..."

Lydia and Stiles then entered the room from the door in which Scott had entered through moments prior. They had just caught the end of that conversation, and Stiles' jaw hardened with more anger than imaginable when he heard the person's voice.

"Liam—" Stiles said, while looking at Theo instead, "You have about five seconds to explain this before Scott's kitchen turns into a crime scene."

Liam glanced to Hayden, feeling uneasy and potentially regretting following through with this plan without asking the others first. When he hesitated to reply, Stiles rushed over to Theo with rage and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, slamming him into the kitchen wall.

"Stiles!" Scott tried to stop him, not because he sympathised with Theo, but because he wasn't worth it.

Stiles couldn't explain the rage he felt towards Theo. He knew he hated him more than he'd ever hated anyone, and he remembered some parts of what went down last year. He remembered how he manipulated Scott against him, how he pitted Liam against Scott, and he remembered that he was responsible for what happened to Lydia at Eichen House.

And while all of that was worthy of irredeemable hatred—he couldn't help but have this feeling that there was more.

More that he didn't remember.

But he didn't waste time trying to search through his repressed memories—instead he balled his hand into a fist—and landed a punch to the side of Theo's face.

"Stiles, slow down, okay?" Scott pried the Stilinski boy off of Theo, "He's going back into the ground anyway, he isn't worth it."

"You can't!" Liam suddenly cried out in objection, causing all heads to spin in his direction.

"And why the hell not?" Stiles narrowed his eyes.

"Because I was never there." Theo replied himself, "I haven't been underground for three months— I've been dead."