( 43 ) an old friend

043. AN OLD FRIEND

       ASPEN DIDN'T KNOW if it was because of the intensity of the current situation, or the fact that any one of them could've been next—but the grief she felt over watching both River and Deucalion die remained at bay for now

She'd wiped away her tears, and stopped anymore from falling, as the group remained gathered round at the shipyard. Aspen stopped herself from looking over at the two lifeless bodies, as she stood next to her boyfriend, as Stiles had his arms wrapped around her in attempt to give her some kind of comfort.

"As much as I enjoy the impromptu family reunion," Peter sighed, turning to Derek, "what are you doing here?"

"We found a pack slaughtered in Brazil." Derek explained, looking at Ace stood beside him, "There were two words written in blood on the wall— 'Beacon Hills.'"

"You came back for Beacon Hills?" Scott seemed surprised.

Ace chuckled a bit at Scott's question, "No—we came back for you idiots."

All the teenagers sent Ace a grateful smile, before suddenly a noise was coming from Stiles' jeep a few meters behind them.

After a moment, Gerard's voice was heard through the speakers, and the pack followed Scott Aspen and Stiles to the Jeep.

Stiles hopped into the driver's seat, while Aspen and Scott ended up fighting for who could get to the passenger's first—just like old time. All Aspen had to do to win this time was look at him, raise her eyebrows, and he backed off.

The others gathered around in a circle around the open window of the jeep to hear what Gerard had to say. Aspen reached for the radio and picked it up, clutching it in her hand.

"Blood and destruction," Gerard began to recite, "And dreadful objects so familiar, All pity choked with custom of fell deeds, And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge, With Ate by his side come hot from hell, Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice..."

Stiles glanced at Aspen in the passenger seat, seeing as she was the one out of them all who was an English Lit student at Harvard.

"Do you know the rest, Scott?" said Gerard, "Do you know your Shakespeare?"

Scott looked at Aspen too, as he in fact did not know his Shakespeare, but she did.

"Cry 'Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war..." Aspen spoke into the radio, her voice a very low, dark murmur.

"War, indeed." Gerard seemed impressed, "I'm surprised to hear your voice, Aspen— I figured you'd be long gone by now."

"I think you should've learnt by now to never underestimate a Bellator." Derek spoke up, glancing between the two siblings.