( 36 ) it's not your time

TW. 1 brief mention of suicide

036. IT'S NOT YOUR TIME

 IT'S NOT YOUR TIME

20 hours later . . .

ASPEN had been out of surgery for a long time now, and while the bullet had removed—and had only just grazed the edge of her heart, rather than having pierced it— she still hadn't woken up.

The doctors couldn't make sense of it, in normal cases, the patient should've woken up by this point. Not to mention a patient with supernatural healing abilities. The bullet was removed, they hadn't treated her with any kind of sedatives, they couldn't give her family and friends a reason for her constant unwavering unconscious state.

Scott, Malia, Isaac and Lydia were all sat around the seating area of the wing she was in on the ground floor, all of them too scared to speak. They were all thinking the same thing—what if she never wakes up? Though it didn't make any sense to them, she was alive, she had a steady heartbeat, the doctors said she was in a stable condition.

All five teenager's attention were grabbed by the sound of the double doors to the hospital being slammed open, followed by the sound of heavy, fast-paced footsteps. Then three words:

"Where is she?!"

Scott immediately rose to his feet at the sound of Stiles' voice, and looked over to see the Stilinski boy with reddened eyes and brimmed tears. Stiles looked like he hadn't slept—which he hadn't. He tried to sleep on the 7-hour flight, but he couldn't. He was dressed in the same clothes as he was yesterday on campus, a pair of jeans and a navy button-up shirt. He hadn't even packed a bag of spare clothes to come back, he just went straight from the library to hop in a cab to the airport.

"Scott—" Stiles said as he stormed over to the group of them, "Scott, please tell me the surgery went okay, tell me it didn't reach her heart—"

"It didn't," Scott shook his head, "It didn't reach her heart, they managed to remove it and she has a stable heartbeat now."

Stiles let out a massive, shaky sigh as he blinked, letting a tear fall he swallowed nervously, nodding his head very slowly, processing the relieving information.

But then Stiles saw the look on Scott's face, it wasn't a look that was relieved their best friend was alive and okay— something else was wrong, he knew it.

"Scott?" said Stiles, his eyebrows quivering, "Scott what's wrong? If--a if it missed her heart, and they got it out— surely she's okay? She should be healing now, right?"

Scott glanced back at the other three who were all glancing around each other with wary expressions, every single one of them scared with the not knowing.

"Scott—" Stiles raised his voice a bit, making Scott look back at him again. "Scott what's going on? Why do you all look like that?"

Scott let out a shaky hesitant breath, slowly shaking his head as Stiles began to see the redness of the McCall boy's eyes, the glossiness in his irises.