( 23 ) the graduating class of 2013

023. THE GRADUATING CLASS OF 2013
6.4k words !!

cheesy song but history by one direction !!!

( there's no gifs or scenes of emeraude toubia in a graduation scene so just pretend queen brooke davis here is her )

ASPEN NEVER THOUGHT THE DAY WOULD ACTUALLY COME. The day she looked in the mirror and saw herself dressed in a cap and gown.

She was stood in her bedroom, smiling with immense pride in herself as she looked at her reflection. The royal blue gown, the matching cap with the yellow tassel. Underneath her gown she was wearing a simple, pretty yellow dress, and she was wearing some elegant black heels.

Graduating high school was the one goal she'd been working towards since the second she stepped into it. Some people always longed for those four years of being a teenager in school, enjoying those years while they lasted before the real world kicked in. But Aspen always longed for the real world— getting out of Beacon Hills, going to her dream college, getting a job— and living the life she always wanted.

Today was the day that the dream was finally within an arms reach.

Her boyfriend walking into her room, wearing his own cap and gown as he just stood in the doorway, leaning on it's frame as he took in the sight of her.

He knew this was her dream, he couldn't have been happier for her that it was finally coming true today.

"There's the valedictorian!" Stiles said with a prideful joy as he stood in the doorway with a grin.

"Don't call me that," Aspen chuckled, "Lydia's the real valedictorian, she just told the principal to give the speech to the second-in-line because she was too stressed to write one—which I know is total bullshit! I told her she couldn't do that for me, but she wouldn't take no for an answer."

"Perhaps she's just happy with being Prom Queen," Stiles replied, but fully acknowledging the kind and selfless act Lydia had done for Aspen. "And by the way, blue really is your colour."

"And what about the yellow tassel?" Aspen grinned as she moved the tassel to the correct side of her cap.

"It's perfect," Stiles replied, walking over to her, "Everything about you is."

Aspen couldn't stop the growing grin that appeared on her face—ever since prom last week, she hadn't stopped smiling. She smiled so much her cheeks were starting to hurt, she even fell asleep with a smile on her lips as she cuddled in Stiles' arms.