( 44 ) the hunters' karma

this chapter's very short but the next one is the last, and will be a lot longer!

044. THE HUNTERS' KARMA

                  KATE MADE IT BACK TO BEACON HILLS and was currently in the armory, where she was frantically looking through every box and crate on each shelf, clearly in search of what remained of the yellow wolfsbane she stole from Derek

                  KATE MADE IT BACK TO BEACON HILLS and was currently in the armory, where she was frantically looking through every box and crate on each shelf, clearly in search of what remained of the yellow wolfsbane she stole from Derek. She became more and more aggravated with every second and let it show by throwing the cases she's opened on the floor.

"Come on!" she yelled in frustration, swiping her arm over an entire shelf, knocking int's contents to the floor with a roar, "Where is it?!"
Suddenly, Kate froze at the sound of Gerard's voice, as he and Johnathon walked into the room.

"You actually think I would trust you with the last few ounces of yellow wolfsbane?" he said with amusement.

Kate turned to look at Gerard, walking out from between the aisles of shelves, glaring at him with a mixture of fury and hurt.

"I'm your daughter." she said, "I'm an Argent."

Gerard strolled toward Kate with his arms behind his back, a smug expression on his face. Johnathon remained stood where he was, a hardened jaw with his arms crossed over his chest.

"But still one of them." Johnathon murmured, as he glared at his sister he hadn't seen in nearly twenty years.

"So you gave it all to her?" Kate scoffed in disbelief, "You gave it to Monroe?"

Gerard continued to walk toward her until they were just over an arm's length apart.

"Oh, we kept enough for one last bullet..."
Before Kate could process that, Gerard revealed the reason why he was holding his hands behind his back—revealing a handgun, which he quickly aimed at her and shot her just below her rib cage. The bullet hit her with so much force that she was thrown backwards, knocking down to the ground.

"That bullet."

Kate let out a grunting roar from the pain of the poison, her hand flying to her stomach over the wound as she glared up at her father. She crawled over to a support beam, propping herself up against it while she gasped for breath, fury in her glare.

"It's over now, Kate." Gerard smirked, "Everything fell into place."

Suddenly the unconventional family reunion was added to by the last Argent.

"Not everything." Chris spoke as he strolled into the room, glaring at his brother and father.

Johnathon and Gerard spun around at the sound of Chris' voice, appalled by his appearance and most likely interference with their plans. Kate seemed especially glad to see Chris surprisingly, but the other two men felt the complete opposite, as they both simultaneously raised their handguns, pointing them in Chris' direction.