( 29 ) you know what's coming: war

double update mwah <3

029. YOU KNOW WHAT'S COMING: WAR

 YOU KNOW WHAT'S COMING: WAR

"LIAM..." Scott said as he waltzed on into the Dunbar boy's bedroom, tugging on his duvet.

"No, I'm-I'm sick." Liam protested, fighting Scott by holding onto his bed sheets, hiding himself, "I'm sick."

"You're not sick." Scott argued.

"Yeah, I'm, like, deathly ill." Liam faked a cough, "It's serious. I think... I think it's the flu."

"It's not flu season."

"Uh, then I probably have pneumonia..."

"Liam, you're a Werewolf—you can't get pneumonia." Scott shot back, tugging the covers back, exposing Liam's face. "But you know what you can get? Is in trouble for being late to school. So, come on. Let's go."

"I don't think I should go to school." Liam shot his hands up, pointing to the window, "Or outside. Or anywhere. Ever again."

"It doesn't matter what you think, okay? Because you gotta go." Scott sighed, "Now, all you do is pretend like nothing happened."

"Pretend?" Liam scoffed, "I'm just supposed to pretend?"

"Think of it like when Superman gets caught with his glasses off." Scott tried to get through to him with a superhero analogy, "You know, he doesn't give up. He puts them back on and says, 'I'm still Clark Kent.'"

"You want me to wear glasses?" Liam's eyebrows furrowed.

"No!" Scott exclaimed, Liam having completely missed the point, "I want you to go to school, okay? And be Liam Dunbar. Just like how Superman has to be Clark Kent, like Spiderman, and Captain America..."

"Yeah, Liam—" said another voice, making Scott and Liam both spin their heads in the direction of the door, shocked to hear that voice— "You're Captain America, remember?"

"Asp?" Scott gasped, his eyebrows shooting up in surprise. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"You called." Aspen shrugged, giving Scott a look that told him there was no way she was going to let them fight this battle without her.

"Wha—" Scott shook his head, "What about Harvard?"

"I told the Dean I needed to defer a semester, family emergency back home." Aspen shrugged, not too distraught about having to temporarily leave college. "College can wait—my friends who are being hunted—can't."

Aspen and Scott engulfed each other in a warm embrace. Aspen hadn't been gone all that long yet, but with everything that's been going on—it felt like it had been a lot longer than it really had been.