( 10 ) ace's denial

010. ACE'S DENIAL

TRIGGER WARNING. VERY BRIEF MENTION OF PHYSICAL ABUSE

          AFTER hearing her voice, hearing the confirmation that Aspen was in fact real, Stiles and Scott had a call to make

AFTER hearing her voice, hearing the confirmation that Aspen was in fact real, Stiles and Scott had a call to make. The man might not have been open to the idea of having a sister before hand, but now— they had to get through to him.

They didn't bother with setting up a face-to-face call this time, for fear that Ace wouldn't even bother, so Stiles just dialled him on his cell phone as he paced slowly back and forth in Scott's living room, while the McCall boy was sat on a kitchen stool.

After five or six rings, the phone connected to the man on the other end of the line. "Ace?" Stiles said into the phone, his tone clearly urgent.

"Stiles, what do you want—" Ace's voice sounded clearly annoyed, their previous conversation having not ended well.

"Ace, I know you didn't want to hear us out last time, but this is more real now than ever." said Stiles, "We— we heard her voice, okay?"

"Who's voice?"

"Aspen's voice— your sister!" Stiles replied, desperate for Ace to believe them this time. "There— there was this motorcycle, abandoned in the school parking lot. And it had a radio— and we heard a voice—"

"And you're convinced it's the voice of my long lost sister that I've just forgotten about?"

"Yes, exactly!" Stiles said as he continued to pace. "It was her, Ace— we spoke to her. Peter gave us the keys to the motorcycle and it started right up. Aspen's motorcycle."

"You guys are trusting Peter Hale now?" Ace practically scoffed into the phone. "You expect me to trust the guy that you locked up in Eichen House with me?"

"I want you to trust me, Ace." said Stiles, with desperation. "I heard Aspen on that radio, I'm sure of it. If you had heard it too—"

"Well, I didn't, did I?" Ace shot back, growing annoyed again.

"Yeah, but if you had—"

"Enough, Stiles!" Ace raised his voice, "Enough! I have already lost so many people, and so many things in my life. Just because you're having some kind of delusional mental break—doesn't mean you have to drag me into it! If you're so convinced that there's a girl you love that's just magically disappeared, maybe you should open your damn eyes and realise what this is really about. You're clearly having issues with Lydia, your real girlfriend—who does exist— but you're looking for something else to blame it on but yourself!"

Stiles went quiet, and glanced at Scott—who could obviously hear everything Ace was saying.

Ace didn't mean to be harsh to the Stilinski boy, he never had an issue with him. But this whole search for his 'sister' was messing with his head. Ace refused to believe that someone so close to him could've just been forgotten.