( 40 ) vigilante shit

pt 2 of double update !

040. VIGILANTE SHIT

NIGHT HAD FALLEN, and Derek and Ace were walking through an area that almost looked like a shanty town due to its multitude of sheds and small buildings made from scraps of corrugated metal and wood

NIGHT HAD FALLEN, and Derek and Ace were walking through an area that almost looked like a shanty town due to its multitude of sheds and small buildings made from scraps of corrugated metal and wood. As they walked, they continuously looked around to make sure he isn't being followed.

"This is a cute date," Ace chuckled, trying to make humour out of their situation.

"What, being on the run from the FBI whilst being framed for countless cases of mass-homocide?" Derek laughed, "You're right, this puts pizza and movies to shame."

"Wait—" Ace cut him off, holding up his palm to shush Derek's laughter. "Sshh, do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Derek replied.

Ace then suddenly turned around, having picked up on the sounds of very quiet footsteps. His hands suddenly reached out and grabbed a man by the back of his coat, yanking him into a wall and slamming him into it threateningly.

"Ow!" Chris Argent yelped, and once Ace realised the identity of the man, he dropped his grip on his collar, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Argent?" Ace narrowed his eyes, confused to see the man here.

"Ace," Chris sighed in greeting, looking over at Derek, "Derek."

"You could've called." Derek said.

"Neither of you have phones anymore!" Argent said defensively.

Derek and Ace glanced at each other, and shrugged, realising the man was right.

"We were on the run," Ace shrugged to Chris, "Made sense to ditch em."

"There's another vault?" Argent said questioningly as he joined the two vigilantes on their mission to do what they needed.

"More than one Hale, more than one vault." Derek replied as he worked on unlocking a padlock gate.

The Hale man finally unlocked it, and there were signs everywhere reading DO NOT ENTER— PRIVATE PROPERTY. After a moment of silence, Argent changed the subject back to the issue at hand.

"I get the need to keep your feet from the fire, guys," said Chris, "but I also don't think you wanna see Beacon Hills burn to the ground."

"You're asking us to come back?" Ace scoffed at the mention of returning to that town.

"Did you know your sister was shot?" Argent rebutted, making Ace stop dead in his tracks, his sarcastic demeanour immediately washing away as his eyes widened with concern.