( 45 ) war is over

045. WAR IS OVER

                 "SCOTT?!" Aspen called out as she rushed through the halls of the high school in search for her best friend who needed her help

                 "SCOTT?!" Aspen called out as she rushed through the halls of the high school in search for her best friend who needed her help. "Scott, where are you?!"

Aspen then turned a corner of the corridor whilst she was sprinting as fast as her legs would carry her, but then all of a sudden, she stopped dead in her tracks, her eyes widening in fear and shock, when she saw Malia and Isaac turned to stone.

"No!" Aspen cried as she inspected Malia's frozen state, "No, no, no..."

She shouldn't have been too shocked at the sight—Scott said she'd only text her if things got really bad and there was no one else left. She should've put that together and realised the anuki-te had gotten to everyone except Scott.

Aspen took in a deep breath, trying to stay calm as she remembered the text Stiles sent her a few minutes ago—that Scott told him to pick something up from the armoury, something that would take down the anuki-te and save everyone.

So she let out a shaky breath, staring at Malia's and Isaac's stone bodies, knowing everything would be okay—because it had to be.

Then the Bellator girl continued to walk through the halls, becoming a lot more cautious now as she prepared to close her eyes at any given moment.

She walked through every hall there was until she got to the door of the library. As she reached her hand out to the doorhandle, she was suddenly overwhelmed with a wave of pure terror—terror she'd only ever felt when the anuki-te was close by.

"Come on, Aspen..." she whispered to herself as her shaky hand wrapped around the doorhandle, closing her eyes in preparation, "You can do this..."

Aspen barged the door open, her eyes sealed shut as she stepped into the room, telling herself the fear wasn't real, and that she could do this.

"Scott...?" she called out into the library, slowly walking further inside, waiting for a response. She also pressed the palm of her hand over her eyes as well for extra precaution.

"Aspen?!" she heard Scott reply, sounding surprised but relieved to hear her. "Wait—is that... is it really you? I can't tell!"

"Yes, it's me!" Aspen replied, keeping her eyes shut too, "But how do I know if it's really you?"

"Uh—" Scott replied, his voice getting closer to her earshot, "I don't know!"

"Okay, okay—" Aspen said in a hurried, panicked voice, "Um—tell me something only Scott would know!"