Worlds' Attention

Beacon Academy, Vale

Headmaster's Office

June 15, 2020

It had been three days since the merging of Earth and Remnant. Inside the headmaster's office, Professor Glynda Goodwitch was sitting behind Professor Ozpin's desk watching a holographic screen which displayed a live newscast on Vale News Network. Lisa Lavender is in the shot with an image of a fleet of U.S. battleships.

"It had been three days since the mysterious light had engulfed everything in sight, which resulted in our world of Remnant merging with a new world called Earth according to the Council. They had stated that this new world is the home of the unknown militaries that have shown up all over Remnant. The CCT is still unable to contact Atlas or Mistral, or how they are handling the situation at this time. All businesses and trade, including Beacon Academy, has been temporarily shut down until further notice, and the situation is the same from Vacuo," Lisa reported.

Glynda sighed in exhaustion, while massaging her head with her fingers. Suddenly, the screen beeped and displayed a hollow-message which read 'Incoming Call.' Glynda sighs in annoyance.

"Answer," she spoke.

The screen changed to a live feed of the three members of the Vale Council.

"Yes. What is it this time?' Glynda asked.

"Goodwitch, we've called to check on the condition of Beacon Academy, since Ozpin isn't around to manage his duties as Headmaster," the first councilman answered.

"The students hailing from Vacuo and Vale have all been sent home. But the students hailing from Atlas and Mistral are still unable to go back. So they were allowed to stay until a compromise was made," Glynda explained. "And as I have explained to you several times already, Professor Ozpin is currently in one of the nations of Earth to create diplomatic ties."

"That is not for him to decide," the second councilman said.

"They have asked for him to be there because they have known him longer than any of us. He knows what he's doing," Glynda said.

"He'd better. For his sake," the first councilman said.

The faceless councilmen video feed disappears as Glynda shakes her head.

"Dicks," she muttered in frustration.

Suddenly, A chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Glynda looks up to see a hollow-message "Access Requested" on his desk.

"Come in," she said.

The elevator doors open to reveal Professor Peter Port and Doctor Bartholomew Oobleck as they approach their fellow staff member.

"This is incredible! Simply incredible! History of the making! I must find out everything about this new world as soon as I can!" Oobleck said.

"To think that there's another world out there. Untamed wilds, here I come!" Port said.

"What do you two want?" Glynda asked.

"Why didn't you two tell us that you have already made contact with the new world?" Port asked.

"And why didn't you tell us that Team GRMA and Team CFDT were natives of that world?" Oobleck asked. "There are many questions I must ask them!"

"For the time being it was meant to be kept a secret from the public to prevent panic. We planned to break the news to all of Remnant slowly, but unfortunately due unforeseen circumstances, things took a slight change of plan," Glynda explained.