Evacuation of Afghanistan

Kabul, Afghanistan

Kabul International Airport

Airfield

May 27, 2021

It was morning and after a couple days of travel, the students all made it to Kabul International Airport. The students were all looking around the airfield as Afghan civilians were boarding onto several planes and five Atlesian Airships with Atlas and British soldiers escorting them. Floating high above the airfield was the U.S.A.S. Monty Oum and six more Atlas Airships. The students soon walked up to Winter Schnee, the Ace Operatives, Penny Polendina, Cade, Private Henry 'Steel' Simon, Sergeant Cassandra Rogers, and Sergeant Alex Barker.

"Everyone, listen up! I'm sure you're all aware our objective is to evacuate this city. Here's how this is going to go; You'ra all going to be split into three teams. One will go to Bagram Air Base, the second will go to Jalalabad, and the third will go to Gardez," Winter explained.

"The following teams for Bagram are RWBY, NDGO, SSSN, and GRMA, along with Cade, Clover, Harriet, Qrow, and I," Alex said.

"The following teams for Jalalabad are JAAR, GUVV, BRNZ, and CFDT, along with Penny, Marrow, Winter and I," Cassandra said.

"The rest will go to Gardez alongside Elm, Vine, and I, until everyone is at the airport," Steel said.

"Are there any questions?" Winter asked.

Nobody spoke, and after a moment, Winter gave out her order.

"Then let's move out!"

The students all split off into their groups to their assigned tasks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charikar

Bagram Air Base

A half an hour had passed as three Atlesian Airships escorted by four Mantas and six Atlesian Dropships were arriving at Bagram Air Base. The Mantas descended and landed onto the airfield as the airships followed in and landed as well. Teams RWBY, GRMA, SSSN, and NDGO, and Cade, Clover, Harriet, Qrow, and Alex, along with several Atlas and British soldiers all boarded off of the Mantas. A large crowd of civilians all then ran up and gathered around the airships. Team GRMA all looked at the crowd more closely for a moment and grew surprised to see that most of these civilians were Americans.

Allen ran up to Alex as the marine turned his head to face him.

"Sir, most of these people here are American," Allen informed.

Alex turned his head to look at the large crowd all around them and then realized that most of them were all Americans. He runs up to a bystander as he turns his head to face Alex.

"Excuse me, but what are you all doing here? Shouldn't you all be back on U.S. soil by now?" Alex asked.

"We would be but the military had left a few days ago and left us behind," he answered.

"Not just us, but also millions of dollars of military hardware and equipment as well," another person next to him added.

Alex showed no visible reaction upon hearing that these people had been left behind, but internally he was furious that President Biden would recklessly condemn all these Americans and leave behind a lot of important equipment to the hands of the Taliban. He knew was going to have to report this to Keaton when he got the chance.

"We're going to get you all home today," Alex said.

Jacob, Kelly, and Ricky, alongwith Team RWBY all ran up to Allen having overheard that these people were left behind.