Sons and Mother

Detroit, Michigan

Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital

June 20, 2020

In the city of Detroit, Michigan, Jacob stood in front of the Henry Ford Kingswood Hospital. They stared at the large building for a moment. A car drives up and parks up close to him. The passenger door opened and stepping out of the car was Keaton. He walks up to his little brother.

"Glad you can make it," Keaton said.

"Had to take a bus since all airports are closed. And I was dealing with people that were asking me for autographs and asking me all sorts of questions about Remnant, my time there, and the things I've experienced," Jacob said.

"I know. Same goes for me too. But at least the airports will open up tomorrow morning. So we don't have to drive all the way back," Keaton said.

"Yeah, but we will be dealing with a lot of people coming up to us. Now I know exactly how Pyrrha feels," Jacob said.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Yeah... I am," Jacob sighed.

The two brothers walk up and walk in through the front door. After going through the front desk, Keaton and Jacob were both being escorted by a nurse down the hall.

"I'll have to ask you both to be tedious when you see her. Rachel Gordon is still trying to adjust to everything going on, especially when she saw you both on the news during the attacks," the nurse said.

"We understand," Keaton said.

They soon stop at a door and the nurse opens it and they all step inside. They all see a woman sitting at the foot of the bed looking out at the window. She wears a light blue buttoned down shirt, dark blue jeans, and a pair of black shoes. She has blue eyes and short brown hair.

The woman turns her head to face Jacob and Keaton for a moment before speaking

"Boys?"

"Hey, mom," Jacob spoke.

"Rachel, your two sons are here to come and pick you up," the nurse said to the woman known as Rachel and turned her head to face her two sons. "I'll let you guys catch up for a bit first. Come back to the front desk to sign her out."

The nurse walks out of the room and closes the door behind her, leaving the two sons and mother alone.

"I've watched you two on the TV lately. You've been getting all sorts of attention," Rachel said.

"Yeah. But we're not here to talk about that," Jacob said. "So how have you been doing? And what have you been doing all this time?"

"I've mostly been in this room doing some evaluations and some sessions. And trying to find some hobbies in my free time," Rachel said.