Election Day Pt. 2

Mantle

Warehouse

November 5, 2020

A couple days have passed, and today was election day for both Atlas and the United States. It was already past sunset and at a warehouse down in Mantle, a large crowd of people were all enjoying themselves, watching the live election results on a giant TV screen up on the stage as Get Lucky by Daft Punk played throughout the warehouse. Jacques Schnee has 6% of the vote, and Robyn Hill has 94%. Down by the stage, the Happy Huntresses, Robyn Hill, Fiona Thyme, Joanna Greenleaf, and May Marigold are all watching Robyn's supporters having fun. Qrow and Clover soon walked up to the four women.

"Has there been any sign of a possible attack?" Robyn asked.

"So far there's not a single sign of trouble. No Tyrian, no Watts, no problem," Qrow answered.

"But with the extra backup from the U.H.L., it's better to be safe than sorry," Clover said.

The six look out into the crowd to see Jesse and Jacket in one corner of the warehouse, Penny and Marrow at another, Ren and Nora at a third, and Rin and Ronin at the fourth. Mercury, Ilia, Rebecca, and Kelly were scattered within the crowd keeping watch.

"I'll go check up on the others," Clover said.

He walks away leaving Qrow and the Happy Huntresses alone. Qrow watched the operative leave and gave out a sigh, something the leader of the Happy Huntresses took notice of.

"Okay. What's the matter?" she asked.

"Nothing. It's nothing," Qrow answered, waving his hand.

"You've been uncomfortable around Good Luck Charm there. Are you crushing on him or something?" Robyn asked.

"No! No, I'm not!" Qrow answered. "Were you looking up stuff online of those nut job fans posting their art of me and Clover together or something?! I'm already annoyed with some fans asking me if I was Ruby's father! I don't need another annoyance!"

"Jeez, relax there, Five O'Clock Shadow. Just asking," Robyn said, raising her hands. "But seriously, what's up with you and Clover?"

Qrow sighed and then gave his answer.

"It's about what happened at the end of Volume 7. I would finally meet someone who I can hang out with without having to worry about my semblance affecting him, since his semblance is the opposite of mine. But when near the end of the volume..."

"You're afraid he'll get killed for real because of what happened in Volume 7, are you?" Robyn asked.

"Yep. That's it," Qrow answered. "And looking back at it now, I feel like Clover's death was my fault."

Robyn puts her hand on Qrow's shoulder. Joanna, May, and Fiona looked at each other for a moment before walking away, leaving their leader and the veteran Huntsman alone.

"What happened on RWBY isn't your fault, Qrow. Besides, what happened in the show is not gonna happen here in real life, especially now that too many of the would-be-events have changed so much in real life that it will very likely not happen," Robyn explained. "Try and loosen up a little. It will do you good. And open up around Clover. We all don't want you moping around forever."

Qrow pondered on Robyn's words for a moment and sighed once more.

"Fine. I guess I'll give it a chance," Qrow said.

"Good," Robyn said, ruffling Qrow's hair. "We don't want to have a sourpuss here."

"Yeah. Yeah," Qrow waved off his hand as he then walked away.