The Gathering

Mountain Glenn

Daniel Air Force Base

September 4, 2020

It had been a couple weeks since Professor Ozpin announced the U.H.L. sign up at Beacon Academy. An airship carrying the students of Beacon that signed up for the U.H.L. flies toward Daniel Air Force Base. Soon after the airship then descended down below and landed on a large platform. A moment later, the students, including Teams RWBY, GRMA, JNPR, CFDT, CFVY, OBSA, CRDL, JAAR, and HRRB, and Professor Ozpin, Hazel, Neopolitian, and Roman all boarded off the airship.

As they all walked towards a hanger, the students noticed three airplanes. The first plane had students of Haven Academy boarding off, including Teams SSSN (Sun) and ABRN (Auburn), including Haven's headmistress, Professor Pauline Bellrose. The second plane had students of Shade Academy, including Teams BRNZ (Bronze), and NDGO (Indigo), along with Shade's headmaster, Professor Theodore. And the third plane had students of Atlas Academy, including Team FNKI (Funky), along with General Ironwood, Penny, Winter, and the Ace-Ops.

Team JNPR and CFDT turned their heads towards Hazel, Roman, and Neo.

"I still don't get why they invited Torchwick and his little partner to come along," Jaune said.

"Professor Ozpin said it was under orders of the U.H.L.," Rebecca replied.

"And Hazel wanted to come with us to look out for the Emerald and Mercury," Robert added.

Azumi looks at the airplane with the students of Haven boarding off. Kelly walks over to her cousin.

"Are you looking for Genji?" Kelly asked.

"He said he and his team would be here. They did sign up," Azumi answered.

She continued to watch the Haven students board off the airplane. Azumi then finally spotted her friend boarding off the plane, Genji Sakurai. Azumi then ran straight towards the plane as Kelly followed behind her.

"Genji!" Azumi called out.

Genji hears Azumi call out to him and then sees her and Kelly approaching just as he steps off the step ladder. Azumi finally approaches Genji and wraps her arms around him into a hug.

"I'm so glad you could come," Azumi said as she then broke off her hug.

"It's nice to see you again," Genji said.

"I'm just disappointed you didn't come to Beacon with me," Azumi said.

"Well, my dad said you would have been distracted by me," Genji said.

He turns his head to face Kelly.

"And this must be your cousin, Kelly McFoley?" Genji asked Azumi.

"Nice to meet you," Kelly said with a wave of her hand.

"I take it that you guys are aware of Salem's escape?" Genji asked.

"We all are. Another reason why we are all here today," Kelly answered.

"Hey, Genji!" a new voice called.

Genji, Azumi, and Kelly all turned to see three people stepping off the step ladder and approaching the three. The first two were twin boys. They both have dark skin and blue eyes while wearing glasses, and short black hair. The first twin wore a pair of blue tennis sneakers, a pair of gray pants with light blue stripes on the sides, a cyan t-shirt with a blue short sleeve jacket worn over it, a pair of blue gloves, and a matching cap. The second twin wore a pair of light gray tennis sneakers, a pair of gray pants, a black t-shirt with a light ocean blue short sleeve dress jacket worn over it with a matching tie, a pair of matching wrist bands, and a brown cap.