Arrival Pt. 2

Kigali, Rwanda

Kigali International Airport

At the Kigali International Airport, Weiss, Britney, Hera, Jaune, Pyrrha, Velvet, Coco, Kendra, Scarlet, Nolan, Roy, Ricky, Staff Sergeant Henry 'Steel' Simon, Doctor Oobleck, and Zwei were all exiting with their luggage from the airport's dropoff.

"Alright students. Once we get to our hotel and settle, we will receive instructions on what we will be doing here for the remainder of our stay," Steel said.

Zwei barked in response.

"And why did we bring Ruby and Yang's dog with us?" Velvet asked.

"Zwei wanted to come with us," Weiss answered before looking down at the corgi. "Don't you, Zwei?"

The corgi merely barked in response.

"And canines are historically known for their perceptive nose and heightened sense of sound, making them excellent companions for a hunt such as ours!" Oobleck said as Zwei happily barked in response.

"Not to mention the dog is adorable," Coco said, leaning down to pet Zwei.

"No argument there," Kendra said.

A bus then drove up and parked right in front of the group.

"I'm guessing that's our bus," Scarlet said.

"Come, students. Let us continue on," Oobleck said.

Everyone takes their bags and boards onto the bus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hôtel des Mille Collines

After some time has passed, the bus stops in front of the Hôtel des Mille Collines, where they'll be staying

After some time has passed, the bus stops in front of the Hôtel des Mille Collines, where they'll be staying. They all stepped out of the bus and looked up at the hotel.

"Here we are, students. The Hôtel des Mille Collines. This place was known for housing over twelve hundred refugees during an event known as the Rwanda Genocide during the Rwanda Civil War in 1994," Oobleck explained.

"You mean the hotel with Paul Rusesabagina saving those Tutsi refugees?" Hera asked.

"It's the very same hotel, but Rusesabagina was no hero," Britney answered.

"What are you talking about? He saved and protected those refugees from the Hutu," Hera said.

"Did you get this information from watching the movie Rwanda Hotel? Hollywood has a tendency to exaggerate truth in historic events," Britney argued. "It was the UNAMIR troops and supporting troops from Congo-Brazzaville who stayed and saved those refugees, not the hotel manager Paul Rusesabagina."

"And how would you know that, you bitch?" Hera asked.

"Ms. Connor is actually correct, Ms. Kingsley," Oobleck cuts in. "Rusesbagina not only did nothing to save the refugees, but also informed genocidaires, the Hutu, about the quote-unquote 'cockroaches.' Every time he gave information out on the frightened families in the hotel, the UNAMIR troops would relocate them to a different room to keep them protected."