Homecoming Pt. 1

Beacon Academy, Vale

Ballroom

December 15, 2020

It has been over a month since the mission in Atlas. When General Ironwood found out about Hera's involvement in Basil's escape out of Atlas, he was furious, while the others weren't that surprised, none more so than Jacob. When Professor Ozpin learned of Hera's crime aidding with her brother's escape, he quickly convinced Ironwood to release Hera over to his custody and let him deal with her punishment. Ironwood was reluctant to comply and released Hera into Ozpin's care, but on the condition that Hera is not only not ever allowed to come back to Atlas, but must also pay a heavy fine. Ozpin had placed Hera on house arrest for four weeks and was given a threat of expulsion, letting her know that she was on thin ice. She was also banned from participating in the upcoming Beacon Homecoming Dance.

Speaking of which, coming up in the next day was the Beacon Homecoming Dance. Team CFVY, and Weiss, Yang, Britney, Rebecca, Kendra, and Azumi are all in the ballroom decorating and making preparations for the Homecoming Dance tomorrow night.

"Hey, Britney," Weiss spoke.

Britney turns around to see Weiss holding two squares of cloth, both seemingly to be similar shades of white.

"I need you to pick a tablecloth," Weiss said.

Britney looks at both squares just as Rebecca came up next to Britney and looked at the two squares in Weiss' hands.

"Aren't they both the same color?" Rebecca asked.

"Seriously! They're two different shades!" Weiss scoffed.

Britney rolled her eyes and pointed at the cloth in Weiss' right hand "That one."

"Exactly what I thought! Perfect choice!" Weiss said.

Weiss walks away as Rebecca turns her head at her partner.

"Can you really tell the difference between them?" Rebecca asked.

"Nope, I just guessed," Britney answered with a shrug.

"So I'm guessing Jacob already asked you out?" Rebecca asked.

"Yep. He did," Britney answered.

"I still need to ask Ilia out. Hopefully she'll say yes," Rebecca said.

"Yeah, 'cause you still owe her for the treatment she gave you back in Menagerie," Britney said with a smirk.

"Shut up!" Rebecca shouted with red cheeks.

As Velvet and Coco were setting up streamers on the walls, Yang and Yatsuhashi were carrying sound speakers over their shoulders with Azumi supervising them. Velvet and Coco bounced up into the air when Yang dropped the speaker on the floor. They bounced once more when Yatsuhashi dropped his speaker to the floor like Yang.

"Careful with those speakers you two! I don't want something bad to happen to them!" Azumi said.

"Sorry," Yatsu said.

"Hey Yang, how's Ruby been doing? You know. After..." Velvet trailed off.

"After her assault back in Atlas, or after going through Volume 9?" Yang asked.

"Both," Coco answered.

"She's recovering okay after Volume 9. But after her sexual assault however, she still had nightmares about it, and we've been trying our best to help her. Our dad showed up here once we had returned. He would not stop checking up on us after all of that. Calling us on our Scroll was almost constant now," Yang answered.