Republic of Menagerie Pt. 1

Kuo Kuana, Menagerie

Belladonna Residence

Meeting Room

October 9, 2020

All the way down in Kuo Kuana, the populace within the large settlement prepares for the event that is to occur tomorrow. Blake, Yang, Sun, Ren, Ilia, Rebecca, Arslan, Brawnz, Cardin, Ivori, Watson, and Emerald were all seated behind desks as the Wild Strikers and Cassandra stood in front of them.

"Alright, kids. Let's go over your assignments for today for each and everyone of you just to make sure that you all remember," Cassandra said.

"Yang Xiao Long, Alexander Watson, and Emerald Sustrai, you three will be providing protection for Kali Belladonna," Wilfred said.

"Blake Belladonna, Sun Wukong, and Lie Ren, you will provide protection for Ghira Belladonna,"Alexey said.

"Rebecca Dawson and Ilia Amitola, you'll provide protection for Sienna Khan," Lydia said.

"The rest of us will be out in areas of Kuo Kuana as security," Junichi said.

"Sounds like fun," Yang said in a bored tone.

"I'm sure some action will happen at some point," Rebecca said.

"I would like to request to make sure Cardin does not go out by himself," Blake said.

"Everyone out in town will be stuck with a partner, so yes he will be watched over, Blake," Alexey said.

"Whatever," Cardin said, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes.

"You all got your assignments. Now get to it," Cassandra ordered.

The students all got up from their seats and everyone began to leave the room to begin their assigned jobs as security.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dining Room

Inside the dining room, Kali walks over to the table with a tray with a tea set on it. Seated at the table was Yang, Watson, and Emerald.

"It's so nice to see more of Blake's friends to come here," Kali said as she set the tray on the table before sitting down.

"Well, I wouldn't say all of us that came here are your daughter's friends. I mean, there's Cardin. He's a racist idiot, and nobody knows why he's even here to begin with," Emerald said.

"And there's also you. You have a criminal record and are currently under probation," Yang deadpanned at Emerald.

Emerald looks down with a slight guilt ridden expression on her face. Watson looks over at Yang with a slight glare.

"Yang, just drop it. From what I've learned, she helped take Cinder down," Watson said.

Kali awkwardly looked at the three students for a moment before pouring some tea into her cup and then took a sip from it.

"So Watson, how were things back at your home before you came to Beacon?" Kali asked.

"It was crap. I was almost relentlessly bullied back home almost all my life because I am autistic. It wasn't completely bad since I have a friend back at home and my dad," Watson answered.

"What about your mom?" Kali asked.

"She passed away several months ago from COVID," Watson answered with a saddened expression.