Chapter 10- Therapy Session

*Lauren's Pov *

*Wednesday*

Since that night , Axel and i have been talking on the phone/texting more. I'm starting to feel more comfortable around him. I'm still very cautious of new people but so far he's shown me nothing but care and patience.

I'm not an idiot. I could tell by the slight brushes against each other , him holding me , and the glances that we sneak each other that he likes me . I also know that he knows i like him too . Regardless of how i feel though i still contemplate the savior complex of this relationship and i want to know  how far this goes before this blows up in my face .

After my last class for the day i head over to Dr.Rose's office . I should probably tell her about my nightmares but i'll save that for next week . Today i wanted to talk all about Axel ...i needed to talk about him.

"Hey Dr.Rose how was your weekend" i say as i head into her office making myself comfortable on her couch .
"Hi Lauren , my weekend was great- i went out to dinner with my husband . How was your weekend?"

Her and her husband have been married for 30 years and have 2 children ...Must be nice .

you wish that was you huh

"...That's actually what i wanted to talk about today .... so there are some parts to our last session that i didn't mention ."

she leans forward and crosses her legs

"okay well why do you fill in the gaps and we can discuss it after"

oh boy buckle up .
"okay so basically, remember the guy that defended me from my manager ? .. Okay so the day of the club he walked in and it was like time stopped . We stared at each other from across the room and even my friends noticed it . Thennnn we get upstairs to VIP and he starts asking about me and dreams and shit - and he barely said A WORD about him self..just that he was a 'Business man'" i say putting air quotes .

she scribbled something down on her pad and i take that as my sign to continue.

"Turns out he owned the club and was like filthy rich -which explains why he walked around like he had so much power. We end up dancing and i swear things were getting heated and we got interrupted .Thank God!"
before i could continue, she stops me .

"Lauren, if you know you have some sort of attraction to him , why didn't you want things to escalate?"
Damn she was too good

"- well ... i had just met him and i mean now that I've spent time with him .... In a perfect world- i would want him to kiss me but we have nothing in common. He was born with money and power and i just ..we're just different"

Dr.Rose stares at me for a moment and i can see the gears turning in her head
"And then what happened ?" she says

"He left and after i got ...assaulted, he was the one that found me before the guy could do anything and he ..pulled the guy off me and took me to his house."
for some reason i didn't want to tell Dr.Rose that Axel killed that guy ..to be honest i haven't even given that small detail a second thought but it still didn't feel right to mention .

" -He didn't know where i lived so he put me in his guest room in a t shirt ...Um he fed me and took me home but i knew i would just be depressed and it's like this guy can read through my soul because he knew exactly what i needed in that moment . I was scared at first but he ended up taking me to this BEAUTIFUL private waterfall and we just talked the whole night"

i felt like i was talking too much but i ignored my creeping imposter syndrome and kept going .

"he let me ask him questions and then when i calmed down he kept asking me how I felt ... i don't know why Dr.Rose but i just blew up and told him pretty much my whole life story - but he didn't seem annoyed or look at me like i was crazy . He just listened ...since then, we went out again because we have this little bet but ..i'm scared."