Chapter 19 - Skeletons

(a/n play - skeletons by Labrynth )

Lauren's Pov

It's been 3 weeks and i was utterly miserable. Definitely more than i showed on the outside . I don't think anyone noticed but i felt lost inside . Confused and angry that i was feeling this way . My body had no inhibitions when it came to Axel .

I was being weak , submissive and apparently out of my mind . I went to work the next day like nothing happened . Completely shut down internally and refused to acknowledge the thousand-pound elephant in the room. I kept myself very busy -studying , work , books , music , TV, more homework. I refused to think about him .

So many things happened that night and i wasn't even sure i was ready to process any of it . If it were a patient telling me this exact story i would -with out a question - tell her my interpretation and what to do to process but- it's like i'm drawing a blank here.

At first i didn't want to talk about it but now i think i need to . Dr.Rose Sits across from me .

"Lauren before we start i wanted ask you something . Last session and today you seem to be a little shaken , Are you alright?" Damn this lady was good

"um well i guess - No , No i am not ." getting straight to the point

"would you like to talk about it today?" she asks grabbing her pad and crossing her legs
"it's Axel , He has a life i'm ...not confortable with...and i don't know if i can accept it" i can't tell her too much because i knew she had to report certain things .

"is the life dangerous to yours ?" she asks
You mean, can i be kidnapped and sold by his enemies ? yes !!

"...Possibly"

"Does he harm you in anyway because of this lifestyle?"

besides the gun to my head and the Hand around my throat. Of course not !

"No"

"Well why do you think you have such a problem accepting it?" she says writing something down .

" Because he's not the perfect person i created in my kind . He has skeletons and a whole double life that he was hiding from me . That i never knew ... and the worst part is i'm losing my mind - I'm starting to think just as dangerously as him and this could go really bad"

"How do you feel when you're with him ?" she asks
oh gosh

"I feel ...Alive . Seen and i don't know if it's just my trauma but i feel love from him . He listens to me , we do things together that made us both happy , i have fun and let loose when i'm with him - it's crazy but it feels like he cares about me but ...i can't ignore the obvious red flags"

"And what are some Red flags of his that you question?" she asks

"Okay it's like he thinks very ...Extremely. And he'll react off of that extreme idea from 1 to 1000. He has some obvious Power complexs and traumatic stress from his parents , he grew up way to fast with too much damage to his mental psyche-so i get it. He rarely shows emotion and everything he says is well thought out and calculated - he's a robot ! Never cries , never has fears just completely empty but it's different with me . He's romantic , he's funny and teasing , it's ...a different side ."

"Is there any other red flags that you observe about him other than his job and his past ?"

Well damn when you put it like that, i sound like an asshole

"yes ...he's also ...Possessive" i watch as she writes something down and leans forward

"Can you explain that to me ?"