Epilogue

Lauren's POV
5 years later

Whew time flew by . Ace and Isis were now adorable little demons who were almost 6 and my little aliens never stopped being special .

Isis loveeeeesssss motorcycle riding or watching bloody fights with her father so much i wanted her psych tested just in case . She slightly had an electra complex at first where she only wanted her father all the time but we have bonding times together and mommy -Daughter spa days so she knew she had both of her parents .

She looked like my mini me but was 10x worse than Axel when it came to her sassy and dominant personality . She was a highly intelligent extreme thinker and was never afraid to speak her mind - 100% , a black and white fallacy thinker.

Axel is the same way , that was his child in every single way and he was wrapped around her little manicured finger . She was bold and fearless and had an extraversion personality - which meant she was outgoing and socially active .

Ace loves to hide around the house and read . He would disappear for hours and return when it's bedtime or when he was hungry . He was so eager to learn after he turned 3 that i just couldn't say no . We would read all of my psychology files at work (where i endlessly taught him millions of terms ...all that he perfectly memorized) and he spent a lot of time with me or by himself . I wouldn't say he has an unhealthy attachment to me because he definitely likes his space but he's also a protective sweetheart on the inside . Aside from his slow to warm up temperament to people, he seems comfortable with our little family .

He has a conscientiousness personality type which mean he was organized , responsible and definitive out of the two . He was the type to be more philanthropic and people-considering.

Taco usually followed him in his quiet isolation adventures while Diavola was mainly Isis' dog .

You see , based on Piagets Therory of Development, in the Preorperational stage, children ages 2-7 go though a lot of stages . In the theory of mind stage , my kids were learning how to understand how the world works . How to interpret thoughts and feelings and hopefully they pass their own egocentrism that allows them to see other perspectives other than their own .

While Isis didn't care much for anyone else's agenda , Ace was completely the opposite. Like night and day . Ace made it his mission to study people the way i do while Isis made it her mission to just make people her bitch like her father .

Nonetheless they both surprisingly really loved each other and got along as much as siblings do . Sometimes the little devils play little tricks and run off giggling as the world blew up behind them . They were inseparable no matter how different, and i was glad they loved each other and protected each other when it mattered the most .

we had an authoritative parenting style in the house . We decided it would be unfair to play good cop-bad cop all the time and we knew we had to agree on things after we learned how manipulating they could be against us. They know how to put us against each other . Now , we explained all of our decisions thoroughly and allowed them chances for rebuttals .

    Our house was like a court room and they had to convince both of us that what ever they wanted was better than what we said (which made them even better logical thinkers) . Some of their arguments were so good we had to give in .

i didn't want to be the "becuase i said so" parent or the "do whatever you want" parent so instead, we became the "Let's talk about why" parents and i loved the way we worked together . we ate dinner as a family and always had deep discussions on culture , literature, politics and even social theory. I'm telling you guys these kids were advanced .