Chapter 32 - Honeymoon

Lauren's POV
July 20th- 36 weeks pregnant

           Today was the last day of our Honeymoon and i was definitely going to miss it . We spent the first week in Milan shopping and he bought me every name brand item that money could buy . We spent days on the beach or sight seeing like tourist and i loved every second of it .

My swollen belly prevented us from having sex but it was good that we took this month to really spend time with each other .

The second week , we spent in Rome visiting colosseums and historical artifacts . I made a promise to bring our children here so they can learn about their Italian heritage.

The last 2 weeks, we spent on a private island in Tobago . I showed him how to clean and cook fish the way my mother showed me and we ate Caribbean food the whole time -which he fell in love with.

It felt like home again , like i was with my mother. I could dip my toes in the sand and feel her presence.

      i decided to get braids . It's been a while since i've had a protective style .

(But like imagine her very pregnant)

I loved being a black woman and i wanted to feel closer to my roots for a second . Plus i'm not going to have time to do my hair when these babies come

As for my little aliens- i was ready to pop . These babies are fully grown and taking up too much fucking space in my body . My organs were squished together fighting for dear life . I had to pee every hour and walking to the next room was a work out .

I was determined though, i wanted a water birth with a Dula/midwife. I met with ours and we flew her to italy to be there . She had a very extensive résumé- i vetted her myself . Her name was Ayesha and she was an older women with locs to her knees that's been delivering babies since the 90's . She had all kinds of certifications and was one of the best in the country.

I sat on a big ball moving in circles when Axel came in the room

"Everything is packed, the boat should be here soon to take us to the airport on the mainland." Axel walks past me setting our bags at the door and i smiled .

"Okay thank you , i'm almost done" i say gyrating my hips some more

"...What exactly are you doing?" he asked confused and i laughed
.

Men knew nothing when it comes to babies

"I'm loosening my hips for labor ." i have to explain all of this to him because he had no idea . He looked at me in shock when i told him about water birth and he couldn't believe that people have been doing this for centuries- especially African people .

It was the safest and most natural option and since laying on my back was the most inconvenient for the mom , i decided to go with that instead .

Like i said, i've done my research and when i heard about Masochistic Kings who liked to watch women give birth for pleasure in the 1400's , i knew i wasn't about to go through hell just so the doctor could be comfortable.