Chapter 20 - The Talk 😈

Lauren's POV
February

A few more weeks go by and my feelings haven't changed but my heart softened . I was starting to see his side and i think it's time i speak to him . As i walk out of my job on my way home , Detective Dan Stops me again

"Hi Ms.Coldwell , i'm sorry to bother you , i wanted to see if you had a chance to read over the files" I froze .

Should i uphold the law and tell him what i know or should i protect Axel ?

"Like i said before i have no statement to make at this time ." i haven't fully heard Axel's side and plus i hated cops . Around my hood , people don't snitch what they see to pigs unless it's something crazy like Child predators .

i try to walk but he walks in front of me stopping me in my tracks again

"You know if he goes down , you could go down too as an accomplice. Testify against him or -" he says gripping my arm .

i snatch my arm free- almost punching his face.

"Are you insane ? This is witness intimidation and i should sue your ass for touching me !" i looked at him incredulously

"I-I'm sorry i -" he stumbles back

"Do not contact me again or you will hear from my lawyer for harassment" i say and walk away angrily

How dare he try to intimidate me into helping him ?!?

I finally got home and Aniyah was laying in her room doing work .

"I need help" i say throwing myself on her bed .

"what's up?" she replied closing her laptop.

"Axel .."
Aniyah knew some things but i didn't know if she knew of Gio's lifestyle yet.

"I want to talk to him about his ...Lifestyle but i'm stuck on what to do" i say sighing

"He told you he was in the mafia didn't he . " My eyes snap open in shock and i sit up to look at her.

"You knew ?" What the fuck ?!

"Not at first but yeah Gio told me ." she says nervously

"How did you react?" i had to know this

"Well to be honest i though it  was a joke because of how funny Gio is but after i realized it was real ...I don't know ..i accepted it but my problems with Gio are a bit ...different" wait what ? She barely told me anything about their relationship

"different how?" i question . How was she not loosing her mind about this right now .

"that's a story for another day ..what happened with you and Axel?"

I tell her everything , from the first night at the Fortress all the way to now . I tell her how perfect it was and even how he held a gun to my head when he thought i was going to snitch on him .
She listens the whole time silently wiping tears away at the sad parts .

"...and now i don't know what do"
She stares at me and pulls me into a big hug

"I'm so sorry i wasn't there for you mi amor ."

"it's okay you didn't know" i reply pulling away .

"But i should've , i had no idea things were this bad. I mean-i saw a few signs but i figured you would tell me when you were ready . Honey this is insane , I don't know whether to tell you to run or stay because i'm dating my own mad man ."

"Exactly and i told Dr.Rose that i - that i love him and i don't know what to do about that . It just flew out of my mouth and that scares me ."

"Well i don't want to tell you what you should do because only you decide that but i do think you guys should talk ."