Chapter 33 - Babies 😈

Lauren's pov
August 21rst - 3 weeks old

Boy - Ace Enzo- Onyx DeLuca
born- August 1rst ,2022 ; 7:36pm

Girl - Isis Maria-Ginerva DeLuca
born- August 1rst 2022 ; 7:23pm

As soon as my babies were born my heart cracked open just like all the mommy blogs said it would . I felt an immense amount of joy and love that i never felt before . I felt like i was glowing - proud and strong.

After a 6 hour labor , i finally pushed them out and i immediately burst into tears of joy. They are beautiful- my little aliens .

Motherhood instincts hit me fast and i only let Nona and Alessia hold them . I didn't trust anyone else here with my babies besides Axel of course.

We decided to name them after they were born because we wanted to see what names came to us . Axel was upset that he lost our little bet- told him .

He named our daughter Isis, the Egyptian name meaning 'throne' to nod to the fact that she would be the first woman- biracial at that, to be the next  leader. My little Isis was strong and new what she wanted already . She knew what she didn't like and what she did and i could already tell from the 3 weeks she's been in the world

for her middle name i decided to give her 2 , both historically Italian names to be apart of the culture . Maria-Ginerva, I wanted her to be as strong and fearless as her great Grandmother and i thought Ginerva sounded nice next to it.

For our Son, i named him Ace . I thought it was pretty badass. Axel and Ace , sounded like the leaders of a biker gang . Ace also is the strongest card (arguably) in any card game next to the king and joker (who i think of as Axel and Gio). Plus, Ace also means one or unity and as a twin i wanted that for them .

Individually, i wanted them to lead separate lives with their own goals and passions but i wanted them to defend each other at all costs .  i also wanted him to stand true to himself, to be one amongst many.

Axel named him Enzo-Onyx because Enzo is Gio's middle name ....Don't ask , it was some bet they had ....Onyx because it meant black gemstone . He was a king aswell and he wanted him to know royalty. Something i thought was beautiful

And Deluca , i thought about hyphenating but the DeLuca name held a lot of power in the world . I wanted them too use it ....plus that would be wayy to many names .

I loved how we took turns naming them and they all had funny or interesting meanings .

I loved my little aliens and no matter how much i needed to sleep or shower i would always love them .

These kids drove me crazy though . I had throw up and spit all over me , my breast were either watermelons or shriveled plums and i haven't seen a proper shower or washed my hair in days .

sleep ....what is that ?

Even with Axel, these kids have us running like chickens .

So far i think we've kinda found a rhythm and we sort of figured our roles in this. Breastfeeding was a BIG one of mine and i'm sorry but this shit can be so beautiful but IT HURTS . I had a lactation nurse come and teach me how to pump correctly so that solves that problem and we hired the live in Nanny so she took a lot of the stress away

i don't know how people do this AGAIN! My parents only had me and i begged them for a sibling but i see why they didn't now . Axel is still dead set on his 5 but i think he knows i'm done.That was it for me .....