Chapter 28- The Past

Axel's POV

Morning came and today was the rehearsal dinner. We were already married so i didn't care much for these ceremonies but it had to be done plus, Lauren and Alessia worked their asses off to plan it in 3weeks .

Alessia actually wasn't bad as a chief of staff . She knew the tradition well enough but she still had a modern classy style that i wouldn't have expected . Over the past 2 weeks the the three girls have become inseparable and i knew they had a few tricks up their sleeve .

After taking a shower , i got yelled at by a very angry Lauren for waking her up so early ..it was noon.

We head to the main kitchen and i ask her what she wants so the chef can make it .

"Of course you guys have a chef - i want a mango smoothie and a cheese omelette with bacon ...and don't be stingy with the bacon , hook me up ." she tells the guy and he nods and begins a cooking

We walk into the dinning table to see a big breakfast buffet on the table and sit down . The maids brings our food and Aniyah and Lauren greet each other.  Lauren waves excitedly at Gio and Alessia and we all began eating . As we ate, i couldn't help at laugh at Lauren's face .

"This is so fucking awkward-  i'm sorry i have to say something, Hi i'm Lauren" Breaking the silence and speaking with a slight attitude. My parents never got up to greet her when we walked in and instead just stared at her the whole time .

Lyn , my mother,  eyes her pregnant belly and finally speaks
"Lyn"

Lauren sucks her teeth and leans back frustrated .

"Where are you from Lauren?" Vincent asks and my teeth grits as he dares to question her .

"Brooklyn why wassup" her new york accent slightly comes through and she puts a hand on her stomach protectively.

"Calm down Lauren, i mean no harm to you . Axel, ne hai uno esuberante tra le mani" (you've got a feisty one on your hands)

she snorts and takes a long sip of her smoothie

"   Oh sì, e la mamma fa sempre le valigie quindi non giocare con te stesso questo fine settimana " (Oh yeah, and mama's always packing so don't play yourself this weekend) she replied perfectly .

We all stare at her in shock . That was sexy as fuck .

Vincent's eyes widen
"You speak Italian?"

"yup." she said looking at her nails boredly

i look to Gio and he's grinning while eating like this was a tv show . Alessia looks around nervously at the confrontation. She was always kind hearted and hated when we didn't get along.

"Dad please be nice , Lauren is actually perfect for Axel once you get to know her .." Alessia says causing their eyes to snap at her

Vincent's eyes roam the room and he realizes he's outnumbered.

"I'm sure she is but i have to question where she came from. She's not in the family and we don't know her motives"

"THATS ENOUGH!" my voice booms throughout the room and i see Vincent flinch a bit before quickly hiding it and giving me a harsh glare.

"You will not speak about my wife like that" i say calmly but inside, i was livid .
Lauren's face scrunched in confusion

"Let me get this straight ...you think i'm here for Axel's Power and money ?" she asks softly and Aniyah crosses her arms  getting annoyed as well .

"well it wouldn't be the first time - How can we be sure you didn't trap him with a baby so that you can be the queen ." Lyn finally speaks .

Before i could respond, Lauren grabs my arm and stops me .