Chapter 2

Maya

I woke up to find Zayn sleeping on my couch as I had left him the night before. I walked to the kitchen and started making tea. As I was making it, my eyes wandered over to the table where I had put my mom’s old jewelry box. I stared at it for a while feeling a bit of anger boil up inside of me, when Zayn walked into the kitchen. He ran his fingers through his disheveled hair and rubbed his eyes.

“Um,” He started saying to me confused and I put my hand up to stop him.

“I brought you in here last night, I found you lying in my yard last night.” I said raising an eye brow.

“I would give you some type of explanation as to why that happened, but I can’t really remember what happened last night.” He said and I handed him a glass of water and aspirin. He took them from me, placing the pills in his mouth, taking a few sips of the water.

“Thank you,” Zayn said after he set his cup down. “For this, but I think I should get going.”

“No.” I said abruptly, “I mean are you hungry?” I asked and he stood there for a minute before nodding. I waved him over to the table and grabbed the eggs from my fridge. I started to cook, my eyes focusing on my work while I tied my hair back.

“Is this yours,” Zayn asked and I looked up to see Zayn looking at my mother’s jewelry box. I shook my head, while I flipped the egg in the pan.

“It’s my mom’s,” I answered looking down at the pan. Thoughts ran through my mind, and I found myself growing angrier. Without thinking I walked over to the table and grabbed it before walking back and setting it in a cabinet.

“Did you think I was going to steal it?” Zayn asked his voice sounding frustrated.

“What?” I asked before shaking my head. “No.”

“You know you’re just like everybody else, always expecting the worst from someone like me.” Zayn said standing up. “I wasn’t going to steal it from you.”

“I never thought you were,” I shot back. He shook his head and walked off.

“I’m just going to go.” He said before I heard the door slam shut causing me to jump.

 A/N: So, i've decided that I am going to put up random songs each chapter. Why? Because I can. :p