Chapter 9

“Stop,” I giggled as zayn rolled on top of me. Zayn leaned down pressing his lips to my cheek before rolling off of me lying beside me.

“I want to take you out, on a date.” Zayn said his fingertips running up and down my arm. I sighed contently my mind going back to our supposed to be first date a few weeks ago. “I can buy you flowers,” Zayn murmured into my ear, his teeth playfully tugging at the lobe. My hands flew up swatting him away trying to suppress a giggle.

“Okay fine we can go out for a date,” I responded. Zayn looked over at me and I leaned up to kiss him. His lips were pressed to mine, my arms wrapping around his neck as his phone went off. A groan escaped his mouth rumbling against mine, I went to pull away but Zayn kissed me harder.

“Ignore it,” Zayn said and I pulled back.

“You have to get that,” I said and Zayn grabbed his phone. Sighing Zayn got off of the bed leaving me alone. I stared at the ceiling for a couple minutes before Zayn came back in.

“I have to go,” Zayn said and I propped myself onto my elbows the frown on my face evident. “I’ll be back tonight for our date.” Zayn spoke leaning above me to kiss me again, my arms around his neck, my fingers in his hair. “When you kiss me like that, I don’t want to leave.” Zayn said against my lips.

“Don’t go then,” I suggested and Zayn pulled away.

“I have to, I’ll be back.” And with that Zayn was walking out of my house leaving me alone.

**

My hair was waved exactly the way I liked it, as I examined myself in the mirror. The dress I had laid out on my duvet was taken off of the hanger and pulled up my body. I reached for my makeup bag applying some to my face. I stared in the mirror smearing gloss to my lips and letting out a satisfied sigh.

I heard a knock at the door and I smiled slipping my feet into my shoes and making my way downstairs. I opened the door seeing Zayn standing there a button up shirt on his chest- it was a different sight from the baggy t-shirts that I had grown used to, and flowers in his hands. “I thought I said no flowers,” I playfully scolded before taking the flowers.

“Maya you wanted the flowers.” Zayn laughed and I shrugged.

“The other ones died,” I agreed before setting the flowers on the coffee table. “Shall we,”

“We shall,” Zayn said taking my hand. We began to walk to wherever this destination was neither of us since neither of us had a car. It was chillier than I had thought it to be but I didn’t mind. Zayn led me to a park and I couldn’t help but smile as I looked at the blanket sprawled out on the grass.

“Someone watches a lot more romance movies than they claim to.” I giggled looking at Zayn, the pink tint in his cheeks made me smile more. “It’s amazing Zayn,” I spoke seriously before sitting down. Zayn sat down beside me taking out the bottle of wine.  Zayn looked around before smiling sheepishly.

“I think I forgot the cups,” He admitted embarrassed to which I laughed. Taking the bottle into my hand I raised the unscrewed bottle towards him.

“Bottom’s up,”

**

“How are you feeling,” Zayn asked my back pressed to his front as I sat between his legs, his arms wrapped around me the both of us engulfed in the night sky, the only things I could see was what was illuminated by the moonlight.

“Fine,” I hiccupped taking another sip of the wine that I had confiscated to myself.

“Do you want to go back to my place?” Zayn asked and I nodded allowing Zayn to lead me to the tube station. The ride was faster than I had expected it to be, but I wasn’t really paying attention to the time my mind bubbling with thoughts.

We reached Zayn’s flat and he opened the door. I walked inside slipping my shoes off; I walked to Zayn’s room jumping into bed. I felt the bed sink and I looked up at Zayn. “I want to try something,” I said and Zayn looked at me raising his eyebrow. Standing to my feet I came to Zayn shimming my way between his legs. “Lay back on the bed.” I commanded lightly pushing him back.

“You’re wearing too much,” I said sitting on Zayn’s lap.

“Maya we can’t,” Zayn said sitting up.

“I want to,” I reassured and Zayn shook his head.

“I can’t, not right now; not while your drunk.” I frowned and Zayn sat up, his nose brushing against mine. “Let’s just go to bed, yeah?” Zayn whispered and a yawn escaped my mouth before nodding. I got up walking to Zayn’s drawers taking a pair of boxers and a baggy t-shirt from his dresser headed to the bathroom. After changing I came back to bed.

“Will you take your shirt off?” I asked and Zayn laughed before going to the buttons of his shirt, my fingers found the bottom buttons undoing them so that Zayn was lying in bed shirtless. Absentmindedly my fingers traced over the tattoos on Zayn’s skin. Zayn sighed in appreciation before pulling me down.

“I like your tattoos,” I said my head on his chest.

“I like you,” Zayn said kissing my head.