Chapter 24

Zayn's POV

"Shut up Claire," I groan as she laughs.

"Cute, really, it is," She says between laughs. I rubbed my face in annoyance. Maybe my sister wasn't the person I should have came to.

"Fuck it, I'm just going to go home." I said and she stopped.

"No, don't do that. I can help, I'll be good." She says and I sigh. "Okay, what are some things Maya likes?" Claire asks me and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"She likes flowers," I say and Claire holds her hand out.

"Get her flowers." She says and I snicker. I could've thought of that myself. "What's got you all worked up? She's going to love whatever you do." Claire points out and I groan.

"Its just that she said she never had a Valentine and I don't want to fuck it up." I say.

"Oh, Z, that's so cute." She says and I mutter something along the lines of 'shut the fuck up Claire I'm not cute.' whilst chucking a pillow at her.

"Hey!" she giggles tossing it back. I smack the pillow away. I look over at my phone and get to my feet.

"I have to go," I say and Claire nods. I look down at my phone, calling Maya.

"Have fun on your date," She calls and I send her a nod.

"Hello," her beautiful voice rings in my ear and I bite my lip, suppressing a grin.

"Hey, how's work?" I asked getting into my car.

"You would be surprised how many people come to the bar from nine am to three pm." She said laughing.

"Drunks. I'm on my way to get you okay?" I said pulling out of my parents drive way.

"Okay, see you soon." She chirped.

"I love you." I breathed, stopping at the red light.

"I love you too." She said before we said our goodbyes. Tossing my phone into the passenger seat, I let out a heavy sigh, ten minutes until I would be at Maya's work. Ten minutes to figure out what I'm going to do with Maya tonight for our date.

***

"Shut up!" Maya giggled planting her face into the cushions of my couch. We sit there laughing as she tried to hum me a song, because she didn't quite know the words.

"What song was that?" I asked catching my breath. She turned her head facing me, a light pink color tinted her cheeks as she blushed.

"I don't know, you were supposed to guess." She shrugged, sitting straighter, as she took her legs underneath her so she sat almost on her knees.

"How can I guess when your humming is bloody awful?" I tease and she shoves me.

"You're an ass." She simply states, her face close to mine. My hands run down her sides and she shivers. As my hands lay on her bum, I lean in and kiss her.

"I like your ass." I tell her once I pull back. She rolls her eyes but lays on my chest. "I'm taking you out," I say after a moment.

"Now?" She asks and I nod.

"Go get your shoes." I tell her and she gets up.

"Where are we going?" She asks but I shake my head. Her lips form a noticeable line, and the longer I stare at them, the more I want to stide over to her, kissing the shit out of her. But, much to my displeasure, I refrain reminding myself that I need to get us out the door.

"What if I don't like where we go?" She retorts and I roll my eyes.

"I take you to get Taco Bell after." I state watching as she pursues her lips considering my offer.