Chapter 3

“You’re late,” Tony said and I rolled my eyes looking around.

“There isn’t anyone here.” I stated and he rolled his eyes.

“There could’ve been.” He said and I began to wipe off the bar. “Hey Tony,”

“Yes,” He said turning his head to me.

“Do you know anybody by the name of Zayn?” I asked biting the inside of my cheek. I saw Tony tense up a bit.

“Maya, what are you doing talking to him?” He asked me and I set the rag down placing my hands on the bar behind me.

“I met him the other day,” I said. And Tony shook his head.

“You don’t need to be getting involved with people like that Maya,” Tony said and I tapped my fingers on the wood.

“How are you going to tell me what I need and don’t need?” I questioned, and Tony rubbed his face with his hands.

“No, Maya, I didn’t mean it like that.” He explained.

“Can you just tell me where I can find him?” I asked and Tony looked at me skeptically.

“The other side of town, there’s a tattoo parlor. Probably one of the only ones that is still open. He works there,” Tony said and I nodded. Tony got back to his work and I swayed in my place.

“Do you think I can go?” I asked him, and he looked up at me.

“What,” He asked me dumbfounded.

“There’s no one here,” I stated once again, waving my hands around the empty bar. He sighed and nodded and I smiled before shrugging my jacket on, and grabbing my bag. I exited the bar, and adjusted the beanie on my head. I made my way to the tube station, walking with my head down. I made my way down the steps, letting my eyes adjust to the darker scenery. I bought my ticket and waited for the tube swaying on my feet occasionally. When it pulled up, I stepped in and took a seat.

The ride was fairly short, I exited the tube station, running up the steps and looking around. I headed in a direction, knowing where an old tattoo shop used to be. I remembered when my older sister had brought me with her so she could get her belly button pierced, even though she wasn’t allowed. I made my way to the building seeing that it was still open. I took a deep breath before walking through the doors. I took a couple steps inside my hands shoving themselves in my back pockets. “How can I help you?” A male voice asked and I turned my head in his direction. I looked at him and then to the back. As if on cue, Zayn walked through the back door his eyes locking with mine.

“Um, I’d like to get a tattoo.” I said not paying attention to the words spilling from my mouth, but instantly regretting what I was saying.

“Great,” The man said and then he pointed to Zayn. “Zayn here will be your tattoo artist. He’ll help you out.” And with that I was guided over to a chair, and Zayn sat before me.