Chapter 5

I gulped “My past,” I whispered and Zayn took my hand.

“Maya, you don’t have to tell me.” Zayn said to me and I closed my eyes knowing that a part of me wanted to tell him, to tell anyone for that matter. I was sick of keeping it all bottled up inside, I wanted to let some of it out.

“When I was 9, my mom left.” I said not looking at him. He didn’t speak so I kept going feeling like I was going to explode. “When she left my dad got really depressed, eventually he began to drink. Then one day, just a little after I turned 14, he came home really late, and he stumbled into my room. He pulled the covers off of my sheets, and he molested me.” I whispered and Zayn squeezed my hand tighter. I felt tears pricking at my eyes. “He molested me Zayn, for years he molested me.” Tears fell from my eyes, and Zayn hugged me. I held onto him, crying. I wasn’t sure what compelled me to tell Zayn that much of my life. Though he didn’t know all of the things that had happened in my past, all of the things that I had run away from; Zayn knew more than I had told anyone. I trusted him, and that scared me because I had just met the guy.

“It’s okay,” Zayn whispered into my ear. “He’s not going to hurt you anymore. I promise,” Zayn held onto me tightly, and finally my tears subsided. But I felt so secure in Zayn’s arms that I didn’t want to let go.

Finally I pulled away and Zayn looked at his phone. “I should go,” Zayn said and I walked him to the door. Zayn stood in front of me, his height towering over me. He stuffed his hands into his pockets, and I bit my bottom lip. “I’ll see you around,” Zayn said before subconsciously leaning in, I took a deep breath and Zayn stopped. “I-I’m sorry,”

“N-No,” I said shaking my head. He stood there for a few moments longer, and I felt adrenaline pump through me.

I grabbed Zayn’s collar crashing his lips onto mine. Hesitantly Zayn’s hands went to my waist, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Our lips moved in sync, and finally Zayn pulled back. “Well, I’ll see you around Maya.” And with that, Zayn opened the door and left.

I stood at my door, trying to decipher what had just happened. I kissed Zayn, I’d never done something like that with a person that I’d known for months, let alone a week. But Zayn had a way of making me feel so, so, safe. He made me feel so comfortable in my own skin, and I hadn’t felt that in a long time, and I didn’t want to let that go.