Chapter 23

"Thanks again for dinner," I said to  Zayn's parents. It wasn't until we got in the car that Zayn spoke.

"Fuck," He said rubbing his eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he chuckled.

"I'm high," He said shaking his head.

"Can you drive?" I asked and he nodded. We pulled out of the driveway and took off home.

"That was fun?" I said slowly and Zayn shook his head.

"No it wasn't." He said and I  brought my left knee to my chest. I remained quiet, my eyes gazing out of the window. I didn't want to distract Zayn.

We quietly drove back to his house, and when the car finally stopped I jumped out of the car and headed for the house.

"Maya wait," Zayn said and I stopped. He walked over to me loosely wrapping his arms around me. "You're mad at me." He said quietly, leaving me a second to wonder if he was asking me or confirming it to himself.

"I don't know," I whispered looking up at him. We stood there for a few minutes, his arms hanging on my hips, my hands on his biceps. It was when the cool breeze hit me that I came back into reality.  "Let's go inside." Zayn gave a slight nod, and we walked inside.

Zayn's POV

Once inside the flat, I slipped my shoes from my feet. Watching as Maya did the same, and then quietly walked into the bedroom.  My breath came out as a heavy sigh as I followed her. I leaned against the door frame, watching as she sifted through my clothes drawers in search of something to wear.

She continued to get dressed, before quickly getting to the bed, pulling the duvet back. "You coming?" she asked looking over at me. I nodded, pulling my shirt from my head and dropping my pants from my legs.

I went over to the bed laying beside her. She was mad, not exactly how I knew she would be when she found out about my unintelligent actions, but mad nonetheless. "I'm sorry," I whispered, my eyes looking up at her, waiting for her lids to flutter open, beautiful hazel orbs to gaze down at me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked quietly, raising herself so that she sat cross legged.

"I don't know, I-I didn't know what you would think."  I said quietly.

"Why did you set the car on fire?" She asked and I sighed. My mind carried me back to that night.

"I wasn't thinking right, I was so mad and I just went with my friends and got really shitfaced. I was still so mad and when I got into a fight with this asshole, I just lost it." my voice proved to be a lot shakier than I had believed. Maya looked at me, her hand placed in my hair, slowly running through the strands every few seconds.

"I love you," I said quietly, her eyes locked on mine and I knew that she knew. Knew that I was silently begging, begging for her to say it back, knew that I needed the reminder. I might always need that reminder, Maya was mine, I didn't want anyone else. My lips went to her hand, kissing the back, then moving to the underside of her arm, peppering kisses along the soft skin.

"I'm here for it all." She whispered, when my lips got to her shoulder. "I'm here for the good, the bad, all of it. I'm here for you Zayn, I'm not going. I love you." Maya said before pressing her lips to mine, the messy kiss was enough to leave the both of us breathless, the two of us panting as our lips continuously brushed.

"I'm here for it all." She said again and I nodded.

"I know," I replied quietly, kissing her lips again.

**

"Thanks for the ride." I said to Zayn grabbing the door handle. "I love you, see you later."