19| More Than

~Take me as I am or watch me as I go~

Evangeline's PoV
"Hi," Caterina spoke softly as I bumped into  her in the hallway. I guess I was too into my own thoughts to even realise there was someone there.

"Hi," I replied with a small smile before I attempted to disappear down the hallway. She grabbed my arm as I began to walk past her.

"I'll find a way to save you," she promised me making me even confused. What do I even need to be saved from?

"Caterina?," Tobias spoke from down the hallway, making me freeze. My back tensed as I could feel eyes on the back of me. I haven't seen him since we kissed, mostly because I've been avoiding him.

"I'm coming," she spoke softly to him as she turned back to me. "I'm here for you always." She gave me a smile before she let go of me and walked towards where Tobias' voice had come from.

I didn't even think through what had just happened until I had finally reached my bedroom, my current room of safety.

Someone's not telling me the truth and Caterina seems to think I know. At least I've got her in my corner even though I didn't think I needed anyone.

I threw myself back on my bed as I thought back to that kiss. It shouldn't have happened. I wanted it to happen. That kiss has literally made me realise that the butterflies I get in my stomach and the tingly feelings all over are because of him.

That was my first kiss.

I have a crush on him.

I let out a little squeal at the realisation of this. A huge smile broke out on my face. I have a crush. I want these feelings to last forever.

My squeals stopped as my smile dropped. He's getting married. These feelings will have to stop.

I have to stay away from him otherwise someone will end up hurt. It'll most likely be me though.

-

Tobias' PoV
"-so what are we gonna do?," Caterina finished with a sigh. I snapped out of my thoughts as I just realised she was still talking.

"Oh I have no idea," I shrugged, still in a daze. It seems like I've been in a daze since I got a taste of Evangeline. It shouldn't have happened but it did. Would it be wrong of me to wish it happens again?

"What's up?," she asked me. I didn't say a word. "Listen Tobias, I don't want to marry you. I've made it pretty clear. The least we can do in the marriage is be honest with each other." 

"Have you told the person you love?," I asked her suddenly making her face shift to a look of sadness.

She stayed silent for a moment, looking towards the side. "I can't," she spoke her voice cracking slightly. "I'm afraid that once I tell her she won't want to be with me."

"Caterina, she'll find out eventually," I told her. "It's better if she hears it from you first."

"Yeah," she mumbled as she got lost in her thoughts. I leaned back in my chair and instantly my thoughts directed to the kiss and the person it was shared with. Evangeline.