56| Happiness

~My end and my beginning~

Evangeline's PoV
I woke up completely alone. The space besides me was empty and looked as if it hadn't been slept in for a while. I sat up, rubbed my eyes and looked around trying to look for any proof that last night actually happened.

My clothes are on the floor.

It definitely happened. That was real.

So where is he?

Not wanting to jump to any conclusions, I got up and headed for the bathroom. I instantly went for my toothbrush and began to brush my teeth. Staring at myself in the mirror, I began to daydream about last night. It was amazing. It's much better than the sex dreams and the stupid vibrator.

But he left me.

I spat out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth out and looked back at the mirror only to jump in fear. "You scared me!," I almost screamed as I rested my hand on my chest to try and calm my racing heartbeat.

He was stood in the shower, just watching me like a creep.

"Why would I scare you?," he asked me like I was an idiot. I shrugged my shoulders and turned away from him. He opened the shower door, revealing himself fully. "Eva." I still didn't turn to look at him.

I can't believe I even thought he'd leave me.

He reached out and grabbed my arm, forcing me to face him. I stared into his dreamy eyes as his hand reached out to stroke my cheek. "You thought I left?," he asked me after a while of complete silence. I nodded my head slowly. "Why would I do that when I only just got you back?" I shrugged my shoulders helplessly, not really knowing why I thought he'd leave me.

He pulled me into the shower, hugging me even though I was still fully clothed. His big strong arms wrapped around me as he left a kiss on top of my head. "I'm never fucking leaving you, Eva. Remember that."

I gave him a soft smile as I gently pressed my lips to his.

-

I danced around in the kitchen to a random song that was playing. My head was bopping as I was jumping making my hair fly around everywhere. I was even using a whisk as a little microphone. "TAKE IT TAKE IT BABY BABY!," I practically screamed as I jumped around like a crazy person. 'Rude Boy' but Rihanna just does something to me. The song just makes me jump around like a crazy woman.

Tobias watched me amused as he leaned against the doorway, crossing his arms over his naked chest. He was just walking around naked except for his boxers. "Tonight imma let you be the captain,
Tonight imma let you do your thing, yeah," I sang a a little less like a crazy person.

"That was last night babe," he said with a wink. I let out a loud laugh as my face burned red.

I continued singing and dancing as he made our breakfast. "That was some nice entertainment," he commented with a chuckle before he shoved a forkful from a pancake into my mouth. "Good?"

I chewed it and almost died. It was so good. My taste buds exploded the minute that hit my mouth. "Amazing," I almost moaned as I swallowed the last bite.

Neither of us said a word as we finished our breakfast. It was kinda nice having someone here with me. I've been alone for so long that this just feels amazing. Once we finished, we cleaned up and just sat on the couch.

"What do you want to do now?," Tobias asked me, hesitantly. I knew he was asking about our next step.

"I want you," I told him seriously. "I want my education too." He nodded his head, understanding me. "I wanna come back with you."

"You can take some online courses or something," he suggested. I nodded my head.

"The reason why I left was because of the mafia but I'm willing to come back but I just don't want anything to do with it," I told him. "I don't want to go to any balls or anything."

"I can agree to that," he told me. "I shouldn't have made you go to the last one."

"It's okay," I told him as I wrapped my arms around his neck making him lift me up and place me on his lap. I straddled him, my legs on either side of him. "We'll be okay."

"Evangeline, you're young. You're fucking 20. You got your whole life ahead of you." I froze, knowing he was serious since he said my full name.

"You're not that much older than me."

"I know but to keep you safe, we'll have to get married. It's just-," he sighed out, visibly seeming frustrated. "You've barely even lived a life. I can't expect you to just suddenly settle down with me no matter how fucking bad I want you to."

"Who says I can't live a life with you?," I asked him, not seeing the problem here. "What if I want to settle down with you?"

He let out a sigh. "You marry me and you're in the mafia. Even if we fucking get a divorce, every single one of my fucking enemies won't hesitate to snatch you. You'll be a target."

"When am I never not a target? I've been running and hiding from my father my whole life," I told him. "I've been a target my whole life."

"If we do get married, we're never getting a fucking divorce. It's till death do us part for a fucking reason," he added. I let out a chuckle.

"Till death do us part," I repeated as I leaned down and pressed my lips to his lightly. I grinned at him unable to bury my happiness at the fact that I'm back where I belong. "Have I ever told you that you're pretty?"

"All the time, baby," he replied as he squeezed my thighs.