62| My Family

~Don't tell people your plans, show them your results~

8 months later
Evangeline's PoV
I stood staring at myself in the mirror. I looked fat, I felt fat but I couldn't complain this is the body that's been housing my child for months.

The white dress carefully hugged me in all the right places. I was worried this dress wouldn't fit. My hands fell on my huge bump. I was 8 months pregnant. This wedding was meant to happen months ago but we never got anything done on time so we're doing it now.

I smiled as I thought about when we first went to see the baby. It looked like a little bean. It was so tiny. It just looked like a blob but it had a pretty strong heartbeat and they told us it was gonna be a fighter.

At our second scan, the baby was looking like an actual baby now with hands and legs. The baby made it clear to us that it had fingers by flipping us off. It was hilarious.

Throughout all that, Tobias was there. He never once left my side, nor did he ever prioritise work over us.

The dress had a pretty low v neck but that wasn't bothering me as much as the veil covered my face and my bare skin. I'm pretty sure that once I'm there, the bare skin won't bother me.

My hair was curled loosely, adding more to the beach vibe we were going for. Did I forget to mention we're getting married on a beach?

I've never been to a beach so I wanted to get married at one. That made more sense in my head.

"Stunning," Nicholas said as he gave me a small smile. I gave him a huge one back before turning to face him fully.

"Is it time?"

He nodded his head and extended his arm to me. Linking us together, I followed him out of the hotel room I locked myself in.

The set up of the beach was beautiful. The sunset was setting and the waves were stunning. The chairs were on either side of the aisle, the people sitting in them were waiting for me. There wasn't many people, we didn't do a big wedding mostly because I'm pregnant and he's got a lot of enemies that would love to kill me. We only really have his brothers, Aidan and Elias, his mother and sister.

There were no bridesmaids or groomsmen. It was just us.

Since I was terrified of walking down the aisle on my own, Nicholas has offered. What if I fall down while walking?

I squeezed his arm tightly, catching a glimpse of my engagement band. It was beautifully. It was simple and covered in little rhinestones.

My eyes finally landed on Tobias who was wearing a full suit, thankfully it wasn't a dark colour like what he usually wears. This was a kind of beige colour. It was bright and goes perfectly with a beach vibe.

His jaw was freshly shaven and his hair looked like he had ran his hands through it multiple times.

Finally, I had arrived at the other side of the aisle. I stood in front of Tobias with Eros in between us a few steps back. Tobias held my hands and lifted the veil. "Breathtaking," I heard him mumble even though the sounds of the crashing waves muffled him slightly.

A huge grin grew on my face. "You look absolutely handsome."

Eros quickly cleared his throat. He was wearing beige pants with just a shirt and so was all the others. Somehow he's a marriage officiant.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're here today on this beautiful beautiful day to celebrate the imprisonment of Evangeline Kingston and Tobias Moretti."

Chuckled scattered around at his little joke as Tobias and I smiled brightly at each other, our hands holding each other tightly.

"We'll do the vows now."

"Eva, I never knew there was something missing in my life until I met you. Now, if we're apart for too long I feel like there's a missing piece. You- you're amazing. You're everything I could ever want or need. One thing I just need to put out there is how you've never once picked up my habits of cursing everyone out. I've never once heard a curse word come out of your pretty little mouth." He paused as we all chuckled at that. I never realised it before but I never swear. That's kinda strange. "You're the love of my life and the only time you'll get rid of me is when I die. I love you, Eva."

"I love you. I never told you this but you're my safe space. After everything I went through with my parents, you were the one constant thing in my life. If my mom was here right now, I have no doubt that she'd be in awe of you too. I know for a fact that there's no one else I'd rather be with. We'll be together until we die."

"Cute," Eros said, wanting to move along but with one glare from Tobias he quietened down.

"We're endgame, Tobias."

"We are, babe."

"Do you, Tobias, take Evangeline as your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health till death do you part?," Eros said, shocking me entirely at how professional he sounded.

"I do." He slid the ring on the finger. It was beautiful and matched the engagement ring perfectly. The ring was covered in rhinestones but had a huge diamond in the middle.

"Do you, Evangeline, take Tobias as your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health till death do you part?"

"I do." I slid the plain wedding band on his finger.

"You can now kiss-," I heard Eros said before Tobias swooped me into his arms and kissed me gently, not caring that the baby bump was in the way.

I let out a chuckle as he took a step back from me, admiring the view. Our family was screaming and cheering for us out of happiness as Tobias held my hand and spun me, wanting to see the dress from all angles.

His family is now my family.

I'm now Mrs Moretti. I can't believe it.