20| Plan

~Either I win or I learn~

Tobias's PoV
The bedroom door pulled open revealing a fully dressed Evangeline. I can't lie, I would've been perfectly fine talking to her while she was just in a towel. "You wanted to talk?," she spoke awkwardly as she hopped from one foot to the other. I nodded my head and cleared my throat.

When she didn't move from the doorway, I let out an annoyed sigh. "In private," I said flatly. She didn't say another word as she moved away from her door, inviting me in her room. I entered and closed the door behind me.

"We kissed," I said bluntly. She didn't say a word before letting out a deep breath.

"You're getting married," she reminded me.

"Yeah, I am," I sighed out frustratedly.

Why did I even come to talk to her in the first place? I should've just stayed away.

Suddenly, my phone began to ring. "What?," I snapped as I answered the call, feeling like I had more to say to her. I listened for a moment before cutting the call. I slid my phone back into my pocket before turning to Evangeline. "We'll carry this conversation on another time, princess."

With that, I ran out of her room and made my way to the base. Ten minutes later, I was there. My brothers were all suited up and ready to go.

"Bunch of girls," Eros told me like I didn't already know. "Damn, we're gonna be rolling in money after this and obviously after we give Evangeline up too. You know, I think I wanna buy my own-."

"Shut the fuck up," I hissed at him suddenly over come with anger as I gripped his shirt in a fist. He looked at me, his eyes wide and confused before I let him go but not without shoving him backwards.

"I was just gonna say I wanna buy my own airline and name it ErosAir," he mumbled out, making me glare at him. He didn't say another word as I was suited up.

"You've not got enough layers to protect you," Theodore observed, still slightly baffled from what just took place. To be honest, that shocked me too. I shouldn't give a fuck about the fact that we're going to have to give her up. I knew that from the start.

She's nothing special. She's just like the other girls, I reminded myself.

"Wear the fucking vest," Elias practically begged me.

"I don't wear a fucking vest," I snapped. "You should all know that shit by now. Let's move."

"Your funeral," Aidan said, under his breath.

-

Evangeline's PoV

Did he literally just come in here to rub it in my face? After a long time, I left my room. I walked through the whole mansion, looking for someone, anyone, but for some strange reason, there was no one here.

I walked around cautiously just in case they were just hiding. "Oh hey," a voice spoke, making me jump.

"Oh my god, you scared me!," I exclaimed as I held my hand above my heart.

"Sorry," Caterina spoke sheepishly. "I didn't mean to. Do you know where Tobias is?"

I shook my head, shrugging my shoulders. "He got a phone call earlier and then left and now the others aren't here either."