36| I Certainly Can

~Some people will never apologise, move on~

Evangeline's PoV
You may think we're moving a little fast especially because my mother has just died  or you may think I'm not thinking clearly. But let me tell you now that my head has never been more clear than it is now.

I like him and he likes me.

There's no point in having feelings for another person if you're not going to act on it because then all you're going to be doing is pining after them or over analysing every single thing they do, wondering if they have feelings for you too.

My mother used to tell me stories about love. She had the chance to fall in love more than once. Eventually, her love for my father slowly began to fade but she was stuck and couldn't leave.

Her first love was a man named Thomas. They were both kids when they met. They were both high school sweethearts. They were perfect in every way. He treated her right and loved her unconditionally. The most important thing was that my mom felt comfortable with him. He was her safe space. She used to get the butterflies in her stomach and the tingles and the shivers. She used to get it all when she was around him.

She told me that love is when you feel so comfortable around someone that you'd allow yourself to be vulnerable and not regret it. Love is having such strong feelings for another person that you'd give your life in exchange for theirs. Love is being happy in another person arms. It's being able to call another person home.

That is what love was to my mom and what she described to me. It makes sense.

Everyone has different meanings for love but they should all be along the same lines.

I asked my mom once how do you know if you love someone. She told me that you don't know, you feel it. And when the time is right, you'll say it. You've just got to trust yourself.

"Come on tesoro," I said, snapping out of my thoughts. Our eyes locked for a moment before I stood up.

"Come on then, darling," he said with a glint in his eye as he stood up from his seat and guided me out of the plane.

Why's he smiling? I just called him an idiot. He told me once that tesoro means idiot but now I'm not so sure.

We left the airstrip and headed to his home.

-

"Tobias!," a girl practically screamed as she threw herself at Tobias. She wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. The girl was beautiful with her light brown hair flowing gracefully behind her. He wrapped his arms around her, hugging her back.

I felt a little out of place, standing here.

"Chiara, I missed you," he told her as they both pulled away from the hug.

Who is she?

"Evangeline!," I heard a familiar voice say loudly before I felt a force hitting me, causing me to stumble back slightly. Arms wrapped themselves around me, holding me to them tightly.

"Enzo?," I said questioningly as I tried to look at their face. He met my eye-line and stared at me with a huge grin. "Oh my god!" I threw my arms around him realising just how much I missed him. For some reason, it didn't occur to me that I'd see him.

We stayed like that for a moment too long as Tobias cleared his throat. Enzo pulled away from me as Tobias glared at us both.

Whoops.

The girl turned to me. Her features were so angelic and soft. The freckles scattered on her face made her look even more pretty if possible.

"I'm Chiara," she told me with a warm smile, her Italian accent really prominent, before she pulled me into a hug. Feeling a woman's touch after a long time almost made me teary. I've been interacting with men for a long time. That really takes a toll on a person.

"I'm Evangeline," I told her once we pulled away from each other.

"It's lovely to meet you," she told me warmly before she moved back as an older woman came into view. She looked almost identical to Tobias and Chiara.

"My Tobias," the woman almost cried out as she wrapped her arms around Tobias and kissed his cheek.

"Mamma," he said hugging her back instantly slipping into his Italian accent. I guess it's safe to assume that's his mom. Once they pulled apart, she turned to me, smiling brightly.

"Who's this beautiful young woman?," his mother asked as she smiled at me warmly. She didn't wait for a response as she came towards me, pulling me into a hug. "È così bella! (She is so beautiful!)," she exclaimed as she pulled away from me. I assumed she said something good from the way she was smiling at me. I couldn't help but to return the smile back.

Suddenly, she turned to Tobias and her face dropped from the happy smile to a serious expression. "Faresti meglio a trattarla bene, Tobias (You better treat her right, Tobias)," she said to him, making me confused since I didn't understand what she was saying.

He rolled his eyes. "Lo farò (I will)," he chuckled.

"Come in! Come in!," his mom suddenly exclaimed. "Where are my manners! I'm so sorry."

"I'm Evangeline," I chuckled, knowing that I never introduced myself.

"I'm Rosa. Tobias' mother." Without another word, she showed me around the whole mansion while Tobias went to his room.

The outside of the home was magnificent as there was a huge fountain in the middle of the drive. Inside the home was gold. It was literally gold and white along with a bunch of other colours. It was truly magnificent. It looked like the home belonged to royalty.

"I assume you'll be sharing with Tobias," she said with a slight chuckle and a wink towards me as we stopped in front of a door. Before I could protest, she sauntered away leaving me no choice but to walk in.

I hesitated for a moment before I pushed the door open. My mouth fell open in shock as I looked around. This room was stunning. It was completely utterly stunning. Everything here was black and white giving it a sort of sophisticated kind of look.

It was much bigger than my room back in Tobias' home. A huge king sized bed sat in the middle of the room against the wall with a nightstand on each side. Opposite me was a huge window with a seat covered with white cushions. In a little corner was a bookcase and opposite the bed was two doors clearly leading to a bathroom and a closet.

"I guess we're sharing," I said as my eyes landed on a half naked Tobias. He had left the bathroom door open slightly, allowing the steam to escape. Water droplets from his hair fell onto his body as his hand held onto his towel that was hanging dangerously low on his waist.

One wrong move and it'll fall.

His muscles flexed as he moved slightly. My eyes moved from his sculpted body to his face and I knew he caught me staring. His eyes darkened, not in anger but in another feeling I couldn't decipher, as we both realised we could be sharing for months.

"Guess you'll have to get used to seeing this," he spoke cooly as he ran a hand through his damp hair.

I certainly can.