21| Again?

~I opened two gifts this morning. They were my eyes~

Evangeline's PoV
I took a deep breath and paced back and forth, eagerly waiting for them to come back. We need to start on the plan straight away which means as soon as he's home.

I don't think I can do this.

I've never done something like this before.

What if he finds out I've been using him to save myself?

I don't think I can do this.

I glanced at the clock on the wall. It was just past midnight. I don't think they'll be coming home soon. My fingers twitched, wanting to phone Caterina and tell her the plans off.

I still don't have a phone. I really don't have any need for it at all. Who would I even call anyways?

Suddenly, throughout the silent mansion, I could hear grunts and the shuffling of shoes as they loudly told each other to be quiet. My heart warmed as I realised they probably didn't want to wake me.

Silently like a spy, I left the room I was in and followed the sounds making sure to keep a safe distance away. The boys stopped in the kitchen, opening and closing the cupboards frantically, clearly looking for something. I stopped with my back against the wall, wanting to listen for a moment.

"I told you to wear the fucking vest!," Theodore whisper-yelled at someone.

"Yell at me louder, why don't you?," Tobias replied sarcastically. "And wake her too while you're at it." I could only just imagine him rolling his eyes.

"Stop fucking arguing!," Eros got involved. "It's because of that bitch you fucking got shot anyway."

A chair screeched back as someone stood up. "Don't fuck with me, Eros," Tobias spoke threateningly as his tone deepened.

"Open your fucking eyes!," Eros carried on. "Evang-."

"Don't fucking say her name!," Tobias spoke darkly, clenching his jaw.

Before this could escalate any further, I stumbled into the kitchen. All of their eyes locked onto me as they stopped what they were doing. Tobias and Eros were clearly squaring off before I interrupted as Elias, Aidan, Theodore and Nicholas were searching the cupboards for something.

Tobias tore his gaze away from me and glared at Eros for a moment before he backed down. "Sorry," he spoke through gritted teeth to Tobias.

Tobias turned away from him and sat back down on a chair. "What happened?," I asked walking towards a light switch.

"NO! DON'T!," Nicholas yelled at me, shocking me slightly since he rarely ever talks. I retracted my hand slowly before pushing it back out and flicking the switch.

I let out a gasp as I saw the boys in front of me. My hand covered my mouth as my eyes were wide with fear. Each and everyone of them was covered in blood. We all stayed silent for a moment. "W-What happened?," I stuttered slowly.

"We can talk about that later," Elias told me. "Right now, we need to find something to help him." He pointed at Tobias.

I glanced over at him to see him already staring at me. His piercing gaze made me feel like I was being burnt.