47| The Fucking Boss

~Sometimes I'm not okay~

Tobias' PoV
I stared at her completely in awe at her beauty. "You look stunning," I told her honestly as I watched her from the doorway. I didn't move an inch towards her, trying to take in as much of her as I could.

I can't fucking wait for the private afterparty in our bedroom.

I watched as she did a little twirl showing me her completed look before she grabbed my hand. The dress hugged all her curves and her ass especially. I leaned down to give her a kiss. She leaned back, shocking me slightly as she put her free hand on my chest, stopping me in my tracks.

"After what you did to me earlier, you're getting nothing," she chuckled as she walked past me and down the hallway. I let out a groan as I followed behind her. My eyes lingering on her a little too long.

She and I got in my car as all the others got in their own. The ride there was silent as she looked out of the window. I was itching to put some music on but had to resist.

A bad feeling suddenly brewed in my stomach as I realised The Boss may be there. Hopefully, he doesn't because he never really turns up. But if he does then I've fucked it. He doesn't fucking scare me. Nobody does. It's just the thought of something happening to Eva that terrifies me.

I shifted slightly, trying to spot the gun hidden in the car. I'd ask Eva to give it me but she's got nothing to do with the fucked up side of the mafia. I don't want her to even touch a fucking gun.

A little while later, the mansion the ball was being held at was in view. We easily got into the driveway and drove until we reached the front steps. I got out and threw the keys at the valet that was stood beside the door before jogging around to open Eva's door.

She held my hand as I pulled her out. She stood beside me as we walked in, all eyes landed on her. She was new. It was a given this was gonna happen. She didn't seem to notice as she held my bicep. I glared harshly at all the men staring at her like she was a piece of chicken just waiting to be eaten.

"You look like a fucking power couple," I heard Enzo say as he approached us.

"Enzo!," she said in shock and happiness as he stood in front of us, dressed in a suit. "What are you doing here?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Wouldn't miss this shit show for the world," he told her as he took a sip from the champagne glass in his hand.

If I was a caring and responsible older brother, I would've slapped the glass out of his hand. The kid's only 17. But I'm not responsible or caring because that little fucker has killed so many people before. Just like the rest of us.

We spoke for a little while with him until the others had arrived. "I'm gonna have a look around," Aidan said slowly as his eyes dragged over every woman in the room. I have to admit I used to do the same thing.

"Looking for a quick hookup you mean," Elias corrected him.

"Dude, don't forget they're the daughters of dangerous men," Nicholas reminded him, knowing full well that everyone here is equally dangerous.

"And I'm the friend of a dangerous man," Aidan said smugly as he referred to me.

"You get yourself into shit again, I'm not helping you this time," I told him. "If I didn't help you last time, you would've been married to her." I watched him as he shuddered.

"With my millions of babies," Aidan added.

"That would truly wholeheartedly make me give up on life," Eros said.

Evangeline turned to me. "Can you not get one of them married or something?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at how random that was. "I want another girl in the house."

"You're gonna be waiting a hell of a long time for that shit," Eros chuckled.

"To get them married, they need to be mature otherwise the poor girl will be living with a man child," Theodore suddenly spoke up.

"Living with all of you is making me slowly give up on life," Evangeline spoke.

"I think what little Theo here is really saying is that he wants you to find him a girl," Eros said as he threw an arm over Theo and hit his chest. Theo shoved him back lightly, not wanting to cause a scene.

"If any of you want me to find you a girl, I will," I told them seriously. "But before then you need to fix the fuck up, you especially," I said the last part, glaring at Eros. Eros backed away putting his hands up before turning and talking to a girl his age.

He'll never grow up.

I put my hand on Eva's lower back as I guided her away from the boys. "That was an interesting conversation," she mumbled.   

Suddenly, a hand landed on my shoulder. I turned to see Theodore had come after us. "Erm, you know the whole finding a girl thing?," he began. I nodded my head as Eva leaned closer. "Let's just say if you needed to make an alliance with another mafia like what you tried to do with Caterina, I wouldn't be against the idea of an arranged marriage."

"You're 18," I suddenly said, not believing a word coming out of his mouth.

"Well not now," he suddenly said. "In the future maybe. Unless, I've found someone myself by then."

"I'll have to think about it."

"But if it did come up in the future, I think I'd be the best option," he began to say as if it was a competition between them all. "I'd treat her much better than the others. You've seen how they act when they see a woman." He's not lying there.

"Okay," I said as I began to consider it. "If it ever comes up, then you'll be the first I tell about it." With that, he turned and left the two of us alone.

"That was kinda cute of him," Eva began.

"It was weird."

"He wants to be in love," she gushed.

"He's 18," I said as if there was a limit on love.

"So?," she asked me. I didn't say a word as we walked around the enormous room. I glanced around the room, looking for danger. Who am I kidding? There's fucking danger all around.

"Toy of the week?," I assume a friend of one of my brothers said as he approached me. His familiar face that I can't seem to name has never looked so punchable.

He's definitely not one of Theo's friends.

I raised an eyebrow and rolled my shoulders back, keeping my hand on her lower back.

"It's funny how you think you can talk to me like one of your friends," I told him as I took a step forward, moving my hand from her back.

"So that's where she went?," I heard a familiar voice said. It seemed as though all the voices of others had stopped. "Didn't think you'd fuck me over like this, Moretti." The whole place fell silent. My back stiffened as I immediately paired the voice with a face.

The fucking Boss.