38| Family Time

~I sit here for hours thinking what did I do wrong~

Evangeline's PoV
I woke up to Tobias' arm wrapped around me and his face buried in the crook of my neck. This is peaceful.

Maybe he's the one. Maybe he's the right one.

I didn't dare to move an inch, feeling afraid that I'd ruin this moment. I felt comfortable. I felt at ease. I felt as though all my problems vanished. I felt as though it was only him and I in the world.

If only we had both been honest about our feelings from the start. I did have feelings for him at the very beginning but the stupid plan made me push them to the side. Now that the plan is useless, I may as well fall in head first. We've known each other for a while now but only now we're officially a couple. 

The only thing that worries me slightly is that he's been with many other women. He's had experience. What if I'm not good enough? I know I'm thinking about this way too soon but it's better now than never, right?

I'm not gonna think about that today. I'm not gonna worry about it. Today I'm just gonna get used to his family.

-

"Evangeline!," Chiara squeals as Tobi and I walked into the kitchen together. He had finally woken up after a while and we both got ready after I refused to leave without him.

"Chiara!," I exclaimed with the exact same energy as her.

"Call me Chi," she told me. "Can I call you Eva if you don't mind?"

"I mind," Tobi said abruptly, snapping his gaze to her.

"He's the only one that calls me that," I told her, not really wanting her to call me that. I wouldn't want her to start calling Tobias Tobi because these nicknames are just for us.

"Alright I'll call you Ev. Sound good?," she asked with a smile, suddenly sounding completely American. It almost confused me for a moment before I remembered what Tobi had told me, that they lived in both places for equal amounts of time as kids.

"Great." A warm smile graced my face.

After Tobi had eaten his breakfast, he turned to me. "I gotta go. You'll be fine?," he asked me, clearly remembering our conversation from last night.

"Yeah I'll be okay." He gave me an encouraging smile before he gave me a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"See you later princess," he told me as he walked away. "And the rest of you!," he called out behind him.

"That was cute," Chi told me with a small smile on her face which for some reason made my face go bright red.

"Chiara stop embarrassing the poor girl," her mother chuckled as she walking into the kitchen. "The boy is smitten." She definitely saw it. She stopped and gave me a bright smile. "Come, let's sit."

She held my hand and guided me to the family room. This seemed more cluttered with books and snacks lying around already. This room followed the same theme running throughout the mansion.

She sat beside me and held my hands. "You make him happy," she told me. "He's not been like this since his father passed."

So that's what Aidan meant when he said he understands.