34| Italy

~Life tip: Don't get attached~

Evangeline's PoV
The sunlight hit my face, waking me up slightly. I grunted and tried to turn over before I realised I couldn't. I turned my head to the side slightly and saw Tobias directly behind me and his arm thrown across my waist. I froze for a moment.

Oh yes, I had a bad dream.

Normally after I've had a bad dream, I'll go to sleep and I'll have another one but for some reason I didn't have another one tonight. I actually kinda slept peacefully.

I closed my eyes for a moment only to hear Tobias grunt slightly. "Morning princess," he said huskily. For some reason, I got this weird feeling in my stomach.

Butterflies.

I'm attracted to him. Who wouldn't be? I'm beginning to like him for more than his looks recently. It's the little things he does like last night when he came for me, when he helped me in the shower and when he let me cry on him at the funeral.

"Morning Tobi," I said with a yawn. He moved his arm from my waist allowing me to her up. I threw the duvet off and laid there for a few seconds trying to motivate myself to get up before I stood up. I stretched, raising my arms above my head with a yawn.

Tobias didn't say a word as he watched me for a moment before he leaned over and pulled my shirt down. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Pink panties, huh?," he said with a smirk as my face turns bright red. I had no idea my shirt had ridden up.

"Don't fall in the shower today," he told me.

"No promises," I laughed.

-

I stood in the kitchen deciding what to eat for breakfast as everyone else other than Tobias piled in. He was already sat at the breakfast bar eating. "I've got on announcement to make," he suddenly said as everyone else quietened down. "I'm going Italy. And I'm taking Evangeline with me."

I stood taken-aback slightly. A whole new country. I'll be going on an airplane for the first time. I couldn't contain my excitement as I let out a squeal and did a mini dance. They all paused and watched me with amused expressions on their faces.

"Why can't we come then?," Aidan asked.

"Who's gonna look after the mafia here?," Tobi asked him practically silencing him as he didn't say another word.

"We're leaving tonight."

After that announcement, we all ate breakfast peacefully. I think everyone knew he was only taking me to get my mind off my dead mother since no one objected to it.

What am I supposed to take?

How long are we going for?

Wait, I don't even have a passport.

I don't know how to pack a suitcase.

"I'll help you pack and just take what you normally wear here. Don't worry about the passport, we're going on my own plane," Tobias told me, somehow knowing I was stressing about it. That helps a little bit. "We're leaving tonight and we could be back in a couple of weeks or months. I've got no idea."

"I need to socialise with girls," I told them randomly. They didn't say a word. I let out a sigh. I need a friend that's a girl.

"I guess I can tick getting kidnapped off my bucket list," I said to no one in particular, knowing full well that I don't have a bucket list.

"When we go there, there'll be plenty of girls for you to talk to," Tobias said promisingly.

"Remember when Enzo got sent there?," I asked. Tobias nodded his head. "Why'd you all make it seem like such a bad place?"

"It's not a bad place," he told me. "It's just the business he's handling over there. It's not good." A very vague answer but I assume it's the best I'm going to get.

I'd better get packing.

Tobias' PoV
"Why are you taking her with you?," Nicholas asked me once she was out of earshot. I shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to answer his question. He eyed me suspiciously before leaving.

The real answer is that I don't want to leave her here alone. I'd prefer to take her with me.

I let out a sigh and ran a hand through my hair. This was the best sleep I've gotten in years. I was kinda surprised when she asked me to stay last night and then again this morning when she didn't kick me out the minute she woke up.

She's beautiful, there's no denying it. Caterina was right when she said I had feelings for her because I do. Right now, mixing business and pleasure doesn't seem so bad.

To be honest, she's not really business anymore. I've kept her hidden for a while now and the boss has probably forgotten her now.

"What happened to that kid?," I suddenly asked Nicholas as he re-emerged from out of nowhere.

"Left her outside the police department and found out she's got a mom. Cops dropped her off to her mom later," he told me. I nodded my head, feeling relieved that we got the kid out safely.

"What was that whole thing at the cemetery?," Eros suddenly asked me after being quiet for most of the morning.

"She needed someone," I told them.

"That's it?," he asked me. "You two were lookin' kinda coupley."

"We weren't," I said sharply, hinting that I was done with the conversation as I stood up to leave.

"I don't believe you," I heard someone say but I ignored them as I walked towards my room. I sat on the edge of my bed staring at my black walls. My room is black and white, just a perfect mix. I couldn't get the imagine of her in my T-shirt out of my head.

I let out an annoyed grunt before I went to have a very cold shower

What the fuck are you doing to me, Eva?